• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Halak traded to the Islanders. Oh no, they've figured out they need a goaltender!

The Islanders have the worst front office in the entire league. Consider these moves:

Trade the 5th overall pick in the draft Nino Neidereitter to the Wild for Cal Clutterbuck and a conditional 3rd round pick. Cal Clutterbutt for Nino Neidereitter? Really?

Trade Moulson, a first round draft pick and a third round draft pick to the Sabres for Vanek.

Trade Vanek to Montreal for Collberg and a conditional third round pick.

So for Cal Clutterbuck, Collberg and a third round pick they gave up:

A No. 5 overall selection who is 5 years younger than Clutterbuck and outscored him this year badly while playing about 13 minutes a game.
Matt Moulson
Thomas Vanek
A first round pick
A third round pick

Did I mention they drafted Jared Spurgeon and then didn't bother to sign him?

That is the definition of crappy.

Didn't we trade a 4th rounder for him?

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 48m
#Caps announce they have traded pending UFA Jaroslav Halak to Islanders for 2014 4th round pick

So we got a 3rd round pick and Halak from the Sabres (for Neuvy) and now get a 4th round pick in exchange for the rights to just negotiate with Halak?

I liked the Rangers back in the Winter Classic year, but they traded away the guys I liked, other than Hank. Now they just seem boring. And I don't know if I want Marty St. Louis to win a Cup after his hissy fit.

The Wild are the only real underdog remaining, Zach Parise and Ryan Suter are American Heros and all........ but Matt Cooke. I like a lot of the Blackhawks, but three Cups in five years? I can't cheer for that.

I'll cheer for the Habs, but I don't think they have much of a shot. And I've been pro-Kings since Mike Richards was traded. Philly is going to be miserable if Richie and Carter win another one, though.

Dude the Habs have speed and play well out of the back. That should give them a chance against anyone - tall order as it will be to beat Boston. I think they match up pretty well even if they'll be the underdogs.

The Wild will be the feel good story for as long as they can survive. One thing I love about the Hawks is how hard Toews plays. Guy is a warrior.

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein 48m
#Caps announce they have traded pending UFA Jaroslav Halak to Islanders for 2014 4th round pick

So we got a 3rd round pick and Halak from the Sabres (for Neuvy) and now get a 4th round pick in exchange for the rights to just negotiate with Halak?

I could be wrong but I think he has another year left on his contract

Dude the Habs have speed and play well out of the back. That should give them a chance against anyone - tall order as it will be to beat Boston. I think they match up pretty well even if they'll be the underdogs.

The Leafs speed did give the Bruins fits last year. Go Habs go!

New Avatar for the Habs series. Ferknuckle's special message for Habs fans everywhere

ference_cbc.jpg

FAAAAAAAHK YOU PK SUBBAN

Also, those of you saying you are rooting for the Habs, you do remember that in the past, the fans at the Bell Center have made a habit of booing The Star-Spangled Banner right? By supporting Montreal you are essentially saying "I hate the Bruins more than I love America"

FAAAAAAAHK YOU PK SUBBAN

Also, those of you saying you are rooting for the Habs, you do remember that in the past, the fans at the Bell Center have made a habit of booing The Star-Spangled Banner right? By supporting Montreal you are essentially saying "I hate the Bruins more than I love America"

That's one way to look at it... You mad bro?

That's the tip of the iceberg, my friend. It's a revolving door of assholes up here.

The Islanders have the worst front office in the entire league. Consider these moves:

Trade the 5th overall pick in the draft Nino Neidereitter to the Wild for Cal Clutterbuck and a conditional 3rd round pick. Cal Clutterbutt for Nino Neidereitter? Really?

Trade Moulson, a first round draft pick and a third round draft pick to the Sabres for Vanek.

Trade Vanek to Montreal for Collberg and a conditional third round pick.

So for Cal Clutterbuck, Collberg and a third round pick they gave up:

A No. 5 overall selection who is 5 years younger than Clutterbuck and outscored him this year badly while playing about 13 minutes a game.
Matt Moulson
Thomas Vanek
A first round pick
A third round pick

Did I mention they drafted Jared Spurgeon and then didn't bother to sign him?

That is the definition of crappy.

That's one way to look at it... You mad bro?

Yes. I generally try to avoid being too much of a stereotypical obnoxious Boston fan on here, but when it comes to Bruins Habs I can't help but go full Jack Edwards. I hate them so much

I guess I'll be cheering for the Wild and the Ducks. Still a bit salty about the last time Detroit met Anaheim in the playoffs and Cooke plays for the Wild, but those are the best available choices for me. Sucks that the Blues lost to the Hawks. I was ready to go all in for them.

Is that any more of an insult to the anthem than what Rene Rancourt does to it?

:couch:

Not sure where that spell of Montreal pressure came from. Made it count

It's pretty much widely accepted that playoff OT is awesome as a neutral fan and the worst fucking thing ever if it's your team, right?

Back