• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Skinner needs to go too. Get what we can while he can still skate straight. Guy isn't gonna last.

Bruins off to a slow start after the opening win against Philly. Can't score goals right now (which isn't too surprising looking at the roster) but they got their ass kicked last night. Playing the Avalanche tomorrow to try to get things turned around. Lucic has played like shit so far this year.

Skinner needs to go too. Get what we can while he can still skate straight. Guy isn't gonna last.

I disagree. We've said the same thing before with other guys who were seemingly made of glass, only to trade them and watch them flourish elsewhere. I'm not willing to do it with Skinner.

I, personally, am going to cheer for the other team all season. Maybe a one game overreaction, but Carolina's cabinets are embarrassingly bare. It really goes to show how poorly Rutherford did drafting the last decade. Staal is looking slow, Ward is looking washed...probably should have done it last year, but it's time: blow it up. Keep Skinner, Faulk, Lindholm, and maybe Sekera. Everyone else needs to go. Tank hard and get McDavid. Rebuild.

Right there with ya. Think it's our only option at this point. I mean who else is really gonna be worse than us in the Metro? Even Jersey has looked good early this year

Damn, this Boychuk trade is looking beautiful so far.

Can I hop on the Isles' wagon? Pretty please???

Last edited:
borr.gif

That is crazy. Although, I have been to a few Caps games pre-Ovi and a few Pens games pre-Crosby that looked similar. Things can change quickly if the team starts winning. 1 playoff appearance in the last 14 years will do that to a franchise.

Interesting rebuttal -- actually posted by a dude trying to bring the NHL to Seattle. Bottom line: it's all about winning:

Bz3lGyPCQAAUhqN.png:large

You beat me to it, attendance in Chicago was awful before the Kane / Toews drafts, ditto for Pittsburgh before Crosby / Malkin. You'd expect it to be even worse in Florida because it is Florida, who wants to watch a bad hockey team in the cold when it's 80 degrees out?

I've always thought they should move Florida to Toronto (second team) and move Arizona to Quebec. I also am not a fan of putting any more NHL teams in American cities. If you want to add new teams geographically then move an already existing team to Canada. What's the argument for adding more teams rather than geographic location - which can be accomplished merely by moving an existing team in a warmer weather climate?

Canes have a shot to pick up that first W of the season tonight vs. the pathetic Sabres. Of course they're probably saying the same thing, but still...

The NHL realigned it's conferences and now has one with 14 teams and one with 16 teams. So they are planning to add two teams, no doubt. Given that the West has only 14 teams, it seems likely that Seattle will get a team. (The argument for new teams is $$$$$$$$$$ to existing owners. I agree that they don't really need more teams.)

Just looking at the geographical locations it would make the most sense to add a team to Seattle and I guess Vegas and then move Florida to Quebec or Toronto. I guess you could also add a team to Quebec and Seattle and move the Red Wings back to the West, but I don't really think they'd be interested in that.

Sounding like Skinner concussion not bad. He's skating and may be back for the Thursday game.

Back