• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Rockies Playoff Thread: Let's Go Rockies !!!!!

Real talk, do the Dodgers get to 117 wins? Would need to go 42-14.

Yes, yes, I understand this is a fake thread - still interesting. I got them at 10-1 to win the world series back in May.

Thread is real. Definitely rooting for someone other than the Cubs to win the NL and the WS.

The dodgers remaining schedule, besides the Rox and DBacks (who they own), is seriously cake. I think they will make a push for 110+.

Why are the dodgers so good? Like I scroll through their lineup and they're all batting .260-.270. Not paying attention, just that good of pitching?

The team ERA is 3.08 which far leads MLB. Kershaw, Wood, and Hill have been very good.

D-Backs are 2nd at 3.53 & Red Sox are 3rd at 3.75

The hitting has also been very timely with a lot of comeback wins in next to or last at bat.

Yo RJ, we've won 18 more games than the Cubs. Maybe we can all come out and stay with you and watch a couple of games some weekend ! Let's take the subway to Chavez Ravine !

I hear LA has beaches of similar quality to Chicago. Would defs be in.

Why are the dodgers so good? Like I scroll through their lineup and they're all batting .260-.270. Not paying attention, just that good of pitching?

2nd in OBP, 3rd in Slugging in the MLB. Second best offensive team behind the Stros.

They also have some ridiculous streak going of consecutive games won if they have held the lead at any point in the game. I feel like it's around 40+. Was approaching an all-time record.

That factoid was on either the Friday night or Sunday night come from behind wins against the Giants.

ETA: Found it. Record was set 2 weeks ago today, so it's up to 50-something.
After leading 1-0 in the first inning, the Los Angeles Dodgers went on to win a rain-halted game against the Chicago White Sox Wednesday.

With the win, the Dodgers have won 44 straight contests in which they have held a lead at any point during the game. The streak breaks a 111-year-old record of 43 straight games set by Chicago Cubs during the 1906 campaign, per the Elias Sports Bureau (via ESPN.com).

Last edited:
Breaking all of the Cubs records, but without all of the disgusting desperation.

I live a 5 minute walk from dodger stadium. Guess I should catch a game, eh. I got into them Puig's rookie year, then they demoted him and meh. Also liked Greinke.

We'll crash with you and tailgate at Whole Foods.

They also have some ridiculous streak going of consecutive games won if they have held the lead at any point in the game. I feel like it's around 40+. Was approaching an all-time record.

That factoid was on either the Friday night or Sunday night come from behind wins against the Giants.

ETA: Found it. Record was set 2 weeks ago today, so it's up to 50-something.
After leading 1-0 in the first inning, the Los Angeles Dodgers went on to win a rain-halted game against the Chicago White Sox Wednesday.

With the win, the Dodgers have won 44 straight contests in which they have held a lead at any point during the game. The streak breaks a 111-year-old record of 43 straight games set by Chicago Cubs during the 1906 campaign, per the Elias Sports Bureau (via ESPN.com).

How's that for a jinx? Dodgers led for a half inning tonight and lost.

Back