• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

Japan pretty clearly just trying to 1) not concede and 2) not accumulate yellows at the moment. Not attempting to close down at all, happy to let Poland pass it around. BIZARRE SCENES!

I think one more yellow for Japan and it goes to a random draw

Japan pretty clearly just trying to 1) not concede and 2) not accumulate yellows at the moment. Not attempting to close down at all, happy to let Poland pass it around. BIZARRE SCENES!

That's a dangerous approach which assumes Senegal won't score.

get ready for ENG/BEL

I don't understand stoppage time. How does that get blown dead at 94:05, when Columbia easily wasted at least 45 seconds during stoppage time?

Senegal with two yellows in the last minute vs. Japan apparently. OUCH.

At least maybe ENG and BELG try a little harder now to avoid Colombia

So will they be trying to avoid Colombia or the tougher path to the final?

Is it necessarily "easier"? Maybe you play Brazil, maybe you play Mexico. But you get to play Japan for certain. And only one team is coming out of the top of both brackets. So would you rather face Spain (most likely) or one of France, Argentina, Uruguay or Portugal.

I don't understand stoppage time. How does that get blown dead at 94:05, when Columbia easily wasted at least 45 seconds during stoppage time?

Do you understand teams standing around letting the clock run in the NFL? If so, then you understand stoppage time. It's to make up for injuries and similar delays, not to make up for sitting on the ball while it is in play.

i can't imagine either team wants the top of the bracket route to the final

Brazil/Mexico or Sweden/Swiss in the quarters is the big difference. But Colombia is a lot harder than Japan, one would imagine

Back