• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 World Cup Thread - Fantasy Updated through Semis, BTB has three point lead

Absolute scenes here in Vienna. Both goals were scored by Kosovars, and there had been TONS of shit talk going into this. Let's just say the aftermath of the 2nd goal with a largely pro-Serbian crowd was not pretty.

How not pretty are we talking here?

Would guess Austria would be much more pro-Swiss than pro-Serb. Interesting.
Hahahahahahaha, fuck no. Swiss are rival #1.

Also, there's so many people from Serbia / with family from Serbia, etc. Hell, half the Austrian national team is Balkan(ish). Vienna is the largest population of Balkans outside the Balkans.

Yeah, in winter olympic sports, I can see it for sure, but would not have expected soccer. Would have guessed the smaller, less historically productive countries, would kind of band together against Spain, France, England, Germany, etc.

Well, at least the ones who haven't been killing each other fairly recently.

I don't think I jive with whatever method whoscored.com uses to determine MOTM. How was Shaqiri not the best player on the field today? He was literally everywhere. Mitrovic? Yeah, nice headed finish, but other than begging for penalties he didn't do much.

classic vad to talk so matter-of-factly about the sociopolitics of Central Europe on the sports message board of a tiny private school located in southeastern United States

I don't think I jive with whatever method whoscored.com uses to determine MOTM. How was Shaqiri not the best player on the field today? He was literally everywhere. Mitrovic? Yeah, nice headed finish, but other than begging for penalties he didn't do much.

There has been a couple of games where this has been the case. I think its because they give scores based on touches, dribbles, clearances, etc. But I feel like we either need to score all of that or use some other metric for MOTM.

(But I get it complicates things, and thanks Brasky for doing all of this)

I'm gonna need a full history of how Albania plays into this drama as well

I'm gonna need a full history of how Albania plays into this drama as well
The Balkan civil wars / genocide of the 90s. It's a long story.

Large number of the Swiss team are refugees from that war, and in Shaqiri & Xhaka cases their family is Kosovars Albanian, so even more reason to hate Serbs.

Mitrovic is such a beautiful psycho. Newcastle could have used him this season. Especially since they have the WORST STRIKER IN PREMIER LEAGUE HISTORY Dwight Gale

Back