• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

There are two very good teams in college football this year. Then everyone else.

This isn’t unusual.

Some years it is one.

Notre Dame should never be allowed in the playoff again until they join a conference.

i'd like to hear more from the analysts about how this nd team is completely different from the 2012 one

Only difference is that they now definitely know that manti teos girlfriend doesnt exist.

Lol, I'm glad we're now judging teams based on who is best at making their schedule rather than who are the best teams. Notre Dame has no business being in this game.

I don’t have a problem with ND being in the CFP. They went 12-0 and earned a spot. Everyone predicted they would get beat up tonight by a superior team and they did, but that doesn’t mean they should’ve been left out. Reminds me of the undefeated but unimpressive FSU team the first year of the CFP after they won it all in 2013.

If the committee picks the “best” teams, UGA is in but everyone complains the games on the field during the season didn’t end up mattering. If they pick the 4 most deserving teams, ND is in and people complain the committee did a bad job of weeding out the pretenders.

The semifinal games have been such bad games in the CFP era. In the first 9 semifinal games, point difference at the end of regulation as been: 0, 7, 17, 18, 20, 27, 31, 38, 39 for an average of 22. Pretty sure Bama is going to move that average up tonight.

Lol, CFP semi-finals, always a ton of hype, always a bunch of replay reviews, almost always a complete waste of time.

Alabama is a complete team, OU has been all offense and zero defense all year. So far Bama is cutting through OU's defense like a hot knife through butter, while Bama's defense is keeping OU's offense in check. This second semifinal could easily be a bigger blowout than the first one.

Lol, CFP semi-finals, always a ton of hype, always a bunch of replay reviews, almost always a complete waste of time.

Sounds kinda like most New Years Eve celebrations

Alabama is a complete team, OU has been all offense and zero defense all year. So far Bama is cutting through OU's defense like a hot knife through butter, while Bama's defense is keeping OU's offense in check. This second semifinal could easily be a bigger blowout than the first one.

Already a bigger blowout with 13:01 to go in the 2nd quarter

Back