• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he is a great RB, no doubt. But that doesn't mean anybody would have picked him over CMC, because nobody picked him until 2 rounds later. If you want to trash the Samuel pick in favor of Kamara, then go right ahead, as that would make a hell of a lot more sense. But saying that picking CMC (who is by far the Panthers best offensive player) was a bad choice because Kamara has put up better stats is just dumb.

Kamara didn't even start at Tennessee.

Saying CMC is a better offensive player than Olsen is a scorching hot take.

Our receivers are trash. Probably the second or third worst unit in the league behind only the Bears and the Ravens.

If we'd beaten the bears, we'd have won the division... Maybe the Bears WRs aren't as bad as ours?

yeeeehaw gumbo gumbo gumbo bountygate pill poppin coach crawdaddy bayou kamara gumbo!

No matter how you feel about CMC and Samuel, you’ve got to admit it sucks that we need a RB and WR in this draft.

No matter how you feel about CMC and Samuel, you’ve got to admit it sucks that we need a RB and WR in this draft.

I’d argue we need more than one of each. CMC’s future is in the slot. He has not been the multidimensional threat he was supposed to be.

I will never understand the Cam haters. Who do you want from the last ten years? Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Ben are out. Matt Ryan? Have fun. Russell Wilson? Ok, maybe. I’ll still keep Cam. Goff, Wentz, Cousins, Stafford, Dak, Carr, Keenum, Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Trubiski? Good luck. Wentz seems legit but let’s see him take a team to the Super Bowl. There might be an argument for Cousins or Stafford on the Panthers doing better but I’m not buying it. Watson and Jimmy G are small sample size heroes. Would you trade Cam straight up for Andrew Luck right now? I wouldn’t.

Good post.

Cam detractors, who would you trade Cam for right now to lead this franchise for the next 5+ years?

I think most Cam detractors want him to be more consistent rather than get rid of him. You never know what you will get from him.

The optimistic perspective is that Samuel could be a really good slot receiver, and if the front office can figure out how to get a real #1 receiver through FA or the draft, a supporting cast of Samuel, Byrd, and Funchess could actually be good. Especially with Olsen, HOF, and CMC. The injuries to Byrd and Samuel really sucked. I'm ok with another year or two of Stewart and CMC at RB. I think WR is clearly the top priority this draft (or offseason in general).

I’d be OK with it if this wasn’t going to be a deep RB draft. I definitely think we should grab one with the Bills pick or later.

Crazy for an 11 win team to have so many glaring needs. RB, WR, LT, C?, DE?, S.

To be fair, fixing the OL will make a big difference on every facet of our offense.

Worst of all worlds yesterday. New Orleans loses and Carolina can’t take advantage and win division and 3 seed. Because of NO loss they stay 4 seed and Carolina has to go to Superdome. Would have been better for NO to win and go to LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back