• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god what a crowd we have around here. Samuel hasn't been healthy yet, and it's 5 games into his career and hes a wasted pick already? The guy is still learning WR and is LIGHTNING fast. We will get the ball in his hands when he is ready just like CMC. Mcaffrey has been great for this offense, even if he hasn't been successful running the ball between the tackles. Cams average yards for completions thrown is the lowest in his career showing he's getting and completing easier looks. His completion percentage the last two weeks has been off the charts. Plenty of players are coming into their own (bradberry, funch, dickson, shaq) and we still are missing maybe our best pass catcher and starting center. Cam's arm strength is clearly getting better shown especially on that deep ball to Benjamin which also showed KB's big play potential is always a threat. Things are looking good around here. If Byrd can be a serviceable safety and Worley can improve some then the sky is the limit.

The bigger problem with Samuel for me is what lightening-fast mofo takes a knee when he catches a kickoff with nobody around him at like the 10 yard line? WTF?

You wrote a nullity. Acknowledge depheat and move on.

P.S. Last word

I wrote that our last two draft classes are disappointing and thankfully two players from the third most recent class are coming into their own.

Just read next time.

wasn't the hands team in at the time so no blockers?

Yes. And the ST coaches told him not to take too much contact. He heard that as don't get hit. He realizes his mistake and understands what he's supposed to do now.

wasn't the hands team in at the time so no blockers?

Yup. We were set up for an onside kick. No reason to risk a big hit and fumble for an extra 5 - 10 yards in that scenario. 100% a coaching decision. It looked odd, and he probably didn't execute it exactly how the coaches wanted, but at that point, ball security was clearly the priority.

It's really a very silly play to get upset about. Now, if you want to discuss the general conservative nature of the call, then I guess you could. Personally, I'm fine with telling him to go down.

He is a WR, he (allegedly, as we haven't seen it yet) gets the ball all the time in space without blockers. There was nobody around him, it wasn't like a punt where he was going to get lit up as soon as he caught the ball. If he isn't supposed to take contact then he shouldn't be out there at all.

when you catch it in space not every single person on the defense is coming after you. when you're a return man they are, even the kicker.

He is a WR, he (allegedly, as we haven't seen it yet) gets the ball all the time in space without blockers. There was nobody around him, it wasn't like a punt where he was going to get lit up as soon as he caught the ball. If he isn't supposed to take contact then he shouldn't be out there at all.

Kickoffs have the highest chance of a high impact hit in the game. It's why the NFL has been trying to phase them out. I would like to see the numbers on kickoff fumbles as opposed to fumbles when trying to run the clock out. #dreamStats.

when you catch it in space not every single person on the defense is coming after you. when you're a return man they are, even the kicker.

So what? They aren't going to all tackle you at once. Chances are one or two of them will get there before the rest, just like a WR bubble screen or virtually any other play.

I wrote that our last two draft classes are disappointing and thankfully two players from the third most recent class are coming into their own.

Just read next time.

Fair enough if that's what you meant, although attaching "Otherwise the 2015 draft would look like a complete bust too," seems like an odd addition in that case. Your statement would still be incorrect--I'm willing to bet there aren't many other teams from that draft class that went 3/3 on picks from the fourth round on--but I likely would have let it pass. No harm, no foul

Fair enough if that's what you meant, although attaching "Otherwise the 2015 draft would look like a complete bust too," seems like an odd addition in that case. Your statement would still be incorrect--I'm willing to bet there aren't many other teams from that draft class that went 3/3 on picks from the fourth round on--but I likely would have let it pass. No harm, no foul

Thanks man. I haven't had an English professor in 20 years.

I think what's confusing is we took Percy Harvin/Tavon Austin types with both our first and second round picks when it can be somewhat difficult to fit in even one of those guys into an NFL offense

2017 Carolina Panthers Thread: 4-1

Yes. That's it. This offense needed a younger J-Stew and a better OL. Instead GMan tried to trick it out with the type of speed players who often don't pan out long term.

Ryan Kalil back practicing today. Woof we need him back! I did like Larsen stepping though, he was solid.

i have no idea wtf you guys are talking about. we actually need exactly what curtis samuel is supposed to be. he's been hurt/slow to recover the entire season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back