• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

That's a good launch video. There are no statewide elections in FL in 2020 so why not? He can set himself up to run again Rubio in 2022.

Anyone still on the “silver whiffed on 2016” either: 1) doesn’t understand how statistics work, 2) doesn’t understand that the polling is for popular vote and not electoral college, or 3) is just willfully ignorant.

Lectro is all three no doubt.

Anyone still on the “silver whiffed on 2016” either: 1) doesn’t understand how statistics work, 2) doesn’t understand that the polling is for popular vote and not electoral college, or 3) is just willfully ignorant.

You can lump Brad in to all 3 as well.

I will be very interested to see the format of the debates. If you are planning to have two-day debates, how do you break up the candidates? JV/Varsity debates obviously didn’t work for the GOP in 2015-16 and I think trying to have the same debate two different times with different candidates for the two debates seems like a recipe for disaster.

Anyone have an idea for a good debate format?

I will be very interested to see the format of the debates. If you are planning to have two-day debates, how do you break up the candidates? JV/Varsity debates obviously didn’t work for the GOP in 2015-16 and I think trying to have the same debate two different times with different candidates for the two debates seems like a recipe for disaster.

Anyone have an idea for a good debate format?

Take everybody who meets the qualifications and do a random draw.

Take everybody who meets the qualifications and do a random draw.

yeah, no need to overthink it

per Wikipedia, the first DNC-sponsored debate for the last cycle was in October

this is gonna be a long-ass election cycle

Sucks but I've gotten over it. Democrats really want someone to defeat Trump and the field is quite good overall.

Important addition to my post above. Definitely televise the draw. The draw should include how the candidate are positioned on stage as well.

Here's one way to do it. Put the name of every candidate on a card. Mix the cards up. "Deal" them out into two piles. Reveal the names in each pile and the order of the reveal is their order on stage.

midterm elections fed straight into Chicago municipal elections and now straight into the Dem race

I'm already burnt out

Philly elections are still almost two months away, and there are approximately 8,000 people running for city council.

Chicago had 14 candidates make the ballot for mayor and the runoff is, mercifully, next week

Okay, I've at least heard of South Bend. WhereTF is Miramar?

Also LOL at McAuliffe. He turned out to be a better governor than I expected. I had him pegged for at least a major scandal or 2, but he got through his 4 years here pretty well - whereas I didn't expect any scandals with Northam. Oh well. But what constituency does he think he has? Even if VA was the 1st primary, he wouldn't finish in the top 3 here. At least Kasich won OH.

You are a Grade A revisionist

Every Dem should run on not having an imperial POTUS and wanting to change the DOJ position about not being able to indict a sitting POTUS. Run on "No American is above the law".

Back