• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

If you can separate the programs from their fans, how is this even a close call? Fine, you don't like the gloating UNC fans that fill up your circles (especially in state). I get that part.

But how is the hatred index even close between the incarnations of the programs themselves for the last 25 years? Roy Williams and Hubert Davis (who doesn't even curse) versus Mike Krzyzewski, Grayson Allen and Gerald Henderson? Duke's been running store-brand Kentucky for a decade. They're buying the best four players in high school basketball and turn the roster over every year. Carolina has had mostly 3-4 year players who float between the G League and 10 day contracts, yet Carolina has had better results. Duke is coached by f;ing Ratface who gooned Chris Paul, coddled Grayson Allen's attempts to injure other players and told one of his players to take out the other the other team's best player a week before the ACCT with a punch to the face. How is this a close call?

both are annoying as hell, albeit for different reasons.

I get it, I hate UNC and am with you in spirit, but complaining about their NCAA run just feels like sour grapes. They lost that home game to Pitt and then somehow transformed into what is a pretty great team that consists solely of 5 players. Caleb Love is ridiculous. I don’t know how it happened, it repulses me, but what can you do.

They switched Love off of ball handling duties which lowered turnovers and allowed him to be more of a scorer. Their offense really took off after that.

If you can separate the programs from their fans, how is this even a close call? Fine, you don't like the gloating UNC fans that fill up your circles (especially in state). I get that part.

But how is the hatred index even close between the incarnations of the programs themselves for the last 25 years? Roy Williams and Hubert Davis (who doesn't even curse) versus Mike Krzyzewski, Grayson Allen and Gerald Henderson? Duke's been running store-brand Kentucky for a decade. They're buying the best four players in high school basketball and turn the roster over every year. Carolina has had mostly 3-4 year players who float between the G League and 10 day contracts, yet Carolina has had better results. Duke is coached by f;ing Ratface who gooned Chris Paul, coddled Grayson Allen's attempts to injure other players and told one of his players to take out the other the other team's best player a week before the ACCT with a punch to the face. How is this a close call?

Your school ran a paper degree program for decades explicitly to keep their athletes eligible, got caught, and got a slap on the wrist. Spare us.

What y'all hate about Kansas?

Gotta say, other than whooping them in the Joel when I was a kid and seeing them beat Texas a handful of times as an adult, I don't have too many feelings.

fuck duke

This is what I like to see. Rock chalk, phan.

It’s absolutely abhorrent for a Wake fan to want K to win anything. I was loving the shocked looked on his wife’s face at the end of the game.

Mickie. I wonder what she thinks about him letting the grandson take the fall for a DUI.

Twice in the tournament, UNC was in trouble, and Caleb Love bailed them out.

Love was straight out awful last year, and he still has games this year that are horrible: in the OT NCAAT win over Baylor, Love went 1-6 from the field; had 2 assists and 6 TOs and fouled out with 5 total points; in the ACCT loss to VT Love was 3 for 17 from the field. That said, last night, against a team with five future 1st round NBA picks, Love was the best player on the court when it counted.

But how is the hatred index even close between the incarnations of the programs themselves for the last 25 years? Roy Williams and Hubert Davis (who doesn't even curse) versus Mike Krzyzewski, Grayson Allen and Gerald Henderson? Duke's been running store-brand Kentucky for a decade. They're buying the best four players in high school basketball and turn the roster over every year. Carolina has had mostly 3-4 year players who float between the G League and 10 day contracts, yet Carolina has had better results. Duke is coached by f;ing Ratface who gooned Chris Paul, coddled Grayson Allen's attempts to injure other players and told one of his players to take out the other team's best player a week before the ACCT with a punch to the face. How is this a close call?

I get that it is hard to "pull" for our rivals, but as a fan of basketball, there is no doubt that I will root for UNC over Duke. Coach K is what he is. A great coach but his actions, and his team's actions, throughout the years, are ridiculous and while he preaches leadership he allows his team to live by other standards. What about Grayson Allen's "indefinite suspension" that lasted one game or his grandson and Banchero's DWI situation and the kid doesn't even sit against a weak team?? How many of the Duke players went through the line last night to shake hands w/UNC? I like Wendell Moore, he is always smiling and congratulated the UNC team after the game. Meanwhile, K throw's Williams under the bus by talking about his missed free throw after the game? C'mon man, if you are a legend, be better.

Yes, the UNC base will crow but we kicked their asses all night in the Joel! : )

UNC fans being awful arrogant cunts is not a lie.

I know multiple UNC alums who are otherwise well-adjusted, successful members of society who have punched actual holes in walls after UNC losses.

The Carolina Way is a sickness.

The real bad news of the tournament is that UNC basketball is pretty self-sustaining. Despite lots of Tar Heels being nervous about Hubert when he was announced, he has rightfully shut up the skeptics and killed Coach K twice. There will always be super talented kids that will want to go to Michael Jordan's school (see: G.G. Jackson) no matter the head coach and Hubert & Co have made adjustments since Coach Forbes gave them a country ass kicking. Duke remains to be seen post-ratface, but Scheyer did fine against us in 1.5 games and they've got another loaded class next year.

We've got a lot of work to do, but that's the game.

You could be celebrating and you’re too busy getting trolled lazily by Internet randos who don’t like you. Sounds about right.

If you're going to describe yourself as a lazy troll, I won't stop you. Maybe change that some and one day you'll be happy enough to not hate other people whose life hurts your feelings. Just a thought.

If you're going to describe yourself as a lazy troll, I won't stop you. Maybe change that some and one day you'll be happy enough to not hate other people whose life hurts your feelings. Just a thought.

Did you get banned from IC or something?

Did you get banned from IC or something?

eta: Deleted. Good energy after bad. Good luck, Strick. I wish you well. I think Forbes & Co. are on the right track and I hope he can get the Deacs over the hump next year. You and the rest of Deacon fans deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back