• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

i love the laravia-manman chemistry

When two accomplished scorers are sharing the ball loke those two do, Wake is really hard to guard. Do you try to stop them from scoring or try to stop them from getting assists as team mates get wide open looks? Quite the dilemma for opposing coaches.

LaRavia had 2 assists to Williams and Williams had 4 assists to LaRavia last night.

and Whitt was dropping sick nasty dimes all over

Bracketology has us as a #10 seed vs. Texas. FSU as a 12 as the 5th team.

meanwhile Jerry Palm Bracketology has us as an 11 seed vs. Nate Oates and Alabama with a potential 2nd-round matchup against Xavier. Has FSU in a First 4 game as the 4th ACC team - No UNC among Palm's top 72 teams

Wake is high up in lost games, Monsanto most of it. (18 games). His 6 points in one game put him as 7th highest average in scoring on the Wake team.
Wake only has 4 other missed games. LaRavia- 2 and Williamson -2.

Wake went from near bottom with 4 missed games to top 10 in missed games with Monsanto coming back and scoring six points.

Last edited:
He clearly showed he was missed and perhaps we win at Louisville or Miami if he’s in the lineup.

FWIW, KP now projects Duke to win the ACC at 14-5, Miami to finish 2nd at 13-7, and a three-way tie for third at 12-8 with WF, UNC and ND. Suffice to say, Saturday's game is kind of important.

I have been posting here and on the 247 board that WFU is going to finish 3rd in the ACC since about the 2nd week of the season. Good to see that KP has finally come around to my view. When I started doing this, most on the boards were talking about escaping the bottom 3. With the unexpected emergence of Monsanto, I have revised my projection to... WFU IS FINISHING 2nd IN THE ACC!! Mark it down.

We really needed one of those games @ LOU or Mia, it's not a killer but we'd be in a great spot if we got one of them. Just have to make it up going forward, don't lose anything at home and pull out a few more road Ws

Forbes coming up on Bald Men on Campus on ACCN.

meanwhile Jerry Palm Bracketology has us as an 11 seed vs. Nate Oates and Alabama with a potential 2nd-round matchup against Xavier. Has FSU in a First 4 game as the 4th ACC team - No UNC among Palm's top 72 teams

Obviously we won't know the specific matchups until the bracket is unveiled, but I would be pissed if I had to face these Deacs in the opening round as an 11 seed.

If Monsanto proves to be the spark that gives Wake an end of season surge including a nice run in the ACC Tournament, Wake might be higher than an 11. If not, the trajectory Wake is on puts them on prime position to spoil somebody's season end.

Wake has a lot of weapons. And a guy in Manman who knows how to get everybody involved. Monsanto is an excellent outside shooter, adding an additional dimension to Wake's offense.

Just gotta figure out dark blue kryptonite.

UNC is increasingly looking like a has-been program living off its name recognition, not unlike Indiana. As bad as this UNC team is, they'll be even worse next year when most of these players leave for one reason or another. Hubert may well be job-hunting after next season if this keeps up. What a shame <snicker>.

And clearly improving. 2 losses to top 15 teams, 1 on road against top ACC team and possibly only bad loss @ Louisville but those happen when a player or 2 get hot. Once Monsanto gets into shape he is either a starter or 6th man who will get more minutes. He seems to be a better Mucius as he knows how to hit the boards and strong on D as well as a great 3 point shooter. Not sure Forbes will bench the senior for Monsanto, but the dude had twice the rebounds and steals than Mucius in half the time! I won’t mention the guy just seems like a more confident 3 ball shooter.

If we can win next 3 a ranking should be on the way.

I wonder if benching mucius would mess with team chemistry. I’m happy with Monsanto playing the microwave role for the rest of the season if that keeps proving successful.

I could envision us in Greenville in the 8/9 matchup with Auburn as the 1 seed.

But let's keep on climbing even higher than that

Back