• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022-23 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Shoulda flipped the table at the end and said let's f n go!

Whether or not it was a savage press conference, it was definitely a Savage press conference.

It makes sense for a program like USF getting a coach with Brey’s credentials. We all thought he’d take a much better job this year or next. Seems like a reasonable risk. Brey could be like Larranaga and have a strong decade. A high potential 30-something could have some success and run off in 2 or 3 years.

That said, he could totally go to USF to get a nice house near the beach and retire on the job.

Brian Gregory was a good coach at Dayton, was OK at GT, and then pretty mediocre at USF.

I don't know that, at this stage in his career, Mike Brey is any better.

Hard to argue against a program like USF getting a coach with Brey’s credentials. We all thought he’d take a much better job this year or next. Seems like a reasonable risk. Brey could be like Larranaga and have a strong decade. A high potential 30-something could have some success and run off in 2 or 3 years.
That's the positive spin on it, but Brey hasn't hustled for years. Brey has been on cruise-control for awhile.

He better have some hard core assistants that are busting it on the recruiting trail and working on defense or this will not end will for either Brey or USF.

ripe for a situation where USF is on TV in their conference tournament in five years and I'm like "oh yeah, mike brey is there"

If they’re in long enough for you to notice, Brey would have been a success.

Brian Gregory was a good coach at Dayton, was OK at GT, and then pretty mediocre at USF.

I don't know that, at this stage in his career, Mike Brey is any better.
IDK, I think Brey is way better than Gregory at any stage. But I really thought Brey was tired of the grind and hanging it up for good so this deepens the mystery of his departure from ND.

Cooley already listed his house. Really sad for Providence.

St. John's is trying to get out of the $11 million owed to recently fired Mike Anderson ... Anderson has been forced to pursue arbitration to get his money.

Just a BS negotiation ploy to reduce the amount owed so the Johnnies can give it to Pitino. Weak.
Would you have called it weak if Wake did it to move on from Danny Manning a year or two earlier? I will never understand how being bad at winning games doesn't count as cause for termination, or I guess more so that schools will offer and sign contracts that are guaranteed regardless of performance.

Pitino should go to Providence instead - they can give him $3.8M a year apparently. Prob more than St Johns can pay.

Back