• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

Wait FAU has a sponsor / naming for their head football coach? "Hagerty Family Head Football Coach"

That's........ different
UVA has one, too "Fralin Family Head Football Coach". I've known the Fralin family for 35+ years.

Last edited:
Yeah. Hard to believe hiring the 38 year old Tenn OC will work out that much better than hiring a 38 year Clemson co-OC. I guess Michael Kelly has a type or he's from the DR school of coaching hires. He had two years as the OC. Did he even call plays?

The P5 landscape is so big and USF has been so bad that they probably aren't going to be attractive to most MAC, Mountain West, or Sun Belt coaches. But they should look at FCS coaches instead of coordinators.

USF is in the midst of building a new on-campus stadium. Kelly may be on the hot seat if this guy doesn't work out. Coach Prime would have been the ideal candidate to sell the program to donors and win some games.

Could be as simple as Colorado is P5 and USF is one of the worst G5 programs right now.

Yeah, the only thought I have is Deon knows the Pac12 could be wide open with USC and UCLA gone and he thinks Colorado can become what they were 30 years ago under him. When it became evident he wanted a P5 job, Colorado would’ve been on of the last places I would’ve thought he’d gone though.

Coastal hiring State’s OC Tim Beck.

Chadwell did coach at Charleston Southern previously which is a somewhat similarly Bible thumping school, not stunned he would go to Liberty

This show is just a lot of bullshit. Tell us if we're playing ECU or UConn !!
It’s been this way for years. I don’t even understand how they fill 3-4 hours just talking about 4 teams. It’s a bad marketing move. Most football fans are fans of a school other than those 4 schools. But ESPN is full of bad financial decisions.

Back