• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

Agreed on Mustapha. He showed some really good playmaking ability and is physical. Looking forward to seeing more from him this season.
Unrelated, but I rewatched the Vandy game and loved what I saw from Mustapha, especially on the early 3rd down stop where he flew into the backfield.

Yet another prediction for Wake to the Sun Bowl. Bad news though about getting there -- American is cancelling the route from CLT to Old El Paso.

BTW, I've told you people that Big Game Boomer is a troll account. He provides just enough believable conjecture that people take him seriously.

They had JJ Roberts playing nickel last year and it wasn't really working out. He's been playing outside this year and is much better.

Caelen Carson is more likely to be at nickel when Isaiah Wingfield isn't in there and they're facing a team with a good slot (hello, Josh Downs). They'll cross-train safeties like Harris and Nick Andersen (when he comes back) for teams that run TEs out there.
Thought JJ played amazing vs. State (obviously had the key pick). Was he playing more outside CB that game?

BTW, I've told you people that Big Game Boomer is a troll account. He provides just enough believable conjecture that people take him seriously.
College football fans are so delusional that they're hard to parody.

Thought JJ played amazing vs. State (obviously had the key pick). Was he playing more outside CB that game?
Yep, 32 total snaps against State and 31 of them on the perimeter. That was the game that Caelen Carson and Gavin Holmes both missed. Gavin came back the next week against Clemson with a cast; Caelen's season ended.

If we’re adding silly news like those bowl projections, Reddit does a vote of everyone on r/CFB for a poll weekly. It usually gets thousands of votes. We are currently 16th.

Apparently this is the first time the Big 4 has all started 2-0 (Carolina is 3-0).

And give App and ECU a little credit for their only losses being to Big 4 teams.

Back