• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Pit Fantasy Football League - Dynasty League Filled, Members Please See New Thread

Shopping the #6 overall tight end and Watson for a one week qb sub in a combo deal. Any takers?

I will have some time to write up the last couple weeks' recaps later this afternoon, might not finish until tomorrow. But if I win the lottery tonight, you'll never see me again. I'll at least finally be able to pay mako's mom what I owe her though.

I will have some time to write up the last couple weeks' recaps later this afternoon, might not finish until tomorrow. But if I win the lottery tonight, you'll never see me again. I'll at least finally be able to pay mako's mom what I owe her though.
Just tell me if ph won and who he plays this week

WEEKS 7 & 8: Where Were We?

giphy.gif

Hello, it's been a while. Despite work being on a mission to deprive me of the necessary free time I need to review and recap our fantasy football league, I have found the necessary time to give the people what they want: an update on Ph's results and who he plays next. A lot happened in Weeks 7 and 8 and the playoff picture is really starting to take shape. We have lost a few more poor souls to the single-digit playoff chances purgatory, we have seen some more rise above 80%, and we continue to have a glut of teams smack dab in the middle. Exactly where you would want the league as we pass the midpoint and get to the stretch run. Let's look at how everyone did the past two weeks:

WEEK 7 & 8 STATS

Week 7.png Week 8.png Week 8 2.png

WEEKS 7 & 8 WINNERS & LOSERS

WINNERS

The Fighting Cocks of Appalachia: The Cocks are in the building, ladies and gentlemen! From the depths of the Davis Division, the Cocks have stirred and sit firmly atop the standings after four straight victories. This stretch of results for the Cocks also saw him surpass DEACHAWK in total points, a super important tiebreaker to have down the road if things stay tight through the end of the regular season. It's the usual suspects for the Cocks as Josh Allen and Cooper Kupp have produced as expected, but important performances from role players like Parris Campbell, Eno Benjamin, and whatever a Jake Ferguson is have complemented the stars to give the Cocks a well-rounded team as he has clawed his way back into contention. We salute you, mighty Cocks, welcome back to the top of the mountain.

Bern: When we think of bern, we think of many things. Spotty (at best) participation in mafia games, late confirmation that he still wants to play fantasy football, and probably most of all his impressive creativity when it comes to fantasy football team names. But what we don't necessarily think of is his knack for clutch performances, and in Week 8 bern produced a potentially season-saving result that kept him squarely in the mix in a tough Taylor Division. SD3 leads the way, one game ahead of Edarem, Sleepy, and bern, but the points tiebreaker actually lies with Edarem. bern was in a hole going into Week 8, but that hole got a lot shallower with a victory and the second-highest scoring performance of the season. Not only does bern stay within touching distance of the division lead by record, but he now is within a reasonable margin on points as well and could come back into the tiebreaker mix. Considering the topsy-turvy nature of this league, bern did what needed to be done at the exact point in the season that he needed it most. Kudos, bern.

mako: What can one say about mako that hasn't already been said in the countless chat threads about his mother? The only thing that comes to mind is that his continued excellence in this league is as impressive as it is infuriating. Another two weeks, another two wins for mako as our lone rookie became one of our first two teams to cross the 700 point mark alongside Mrs. I/O. He is very unfortunate to be only 3rd overall in his division on tiebreakers, but mako continues to show that if you let 4th graders help you draft while driving a bus, it can result in good things. Bus rentals are going to skyrocket next year, bank on it.

Ph (Week 7): Ph won in Week 7 against me. Still depressing to write.

LOSERS

Any Sense of Fantasy Justice for Peach
: It's no secret that this season has been hard on three teams in particular, we have covered that fairly consistently in this section of the recaps. But I feel that it is important to highlight briefly the unique hell that Peach is going through. Peach is a consistently solid performer in the Pit League, a testament to her football acumen and having luck smile just enough over the years to tip the scales in her favor. The past couple of weeks, however, Lady Luck decided that she wanted to be a bitch to Peach. Back-to-back 90+ point performances, back-to-back losses. Peach's overall performance on the season is actually really decent: she is 10th overall in points and has an all-play hovering around .500, numbers that should indicate at least being in the mix. But after Weeks 7 & 8, Peach's season is all but over. Fantasy football can be a fickle mistress, and Peach did something to turn the fantasy goddesses against herself. 2023 should bode well for a comeback, Peach.

Pickle & Barca: Outside of the bottom 3, parity has reigned for most of the league. When teams are bunched so closely together, some teams will get screwed. Enter Pickle and Barca; despite both teams being 3-5, they find themselves with negligible playoff chances. For Pickle, injuries and underperformances have permeated his team like a bad fart in a car on a hot day. His league-high 19 player acquisitions show a man trying his best to hold on to this season with his fingertips, but a couple of narrow losses and some bad weeks have just kept him a half-step away from really finding his balance this season. He still has an outside chance at getting back into the playoff picture, but will need quite some help from others to get there.

Barca's trials and tribulations have been covered previously, so we won't rehash them word for word, but he finds himself in an even tougher position as he is 3 games back full-stop with tiebreakers not really going his way. A win over division rival Ph last week gives him a leg up in that regard, but a tough backend schedule sees a closing three-game stretch with combined opponent records of 19-5 at present. Barca had a big Week 8 to mathematically stay alive for a playoff spot, but even though he is doing fairly well all things considered, his 3-5 record sees him almost out of the game already. Tough beat for those that just needed a couple breaks their way.

Work-Fantasy Football Commissioner Balance: I apologize for the delay in Week 7 & 8 recaps. I thought I had a block of time last week where I normally write these up and it just collapsed on me until it was too late. Similar this week but I was able to find time today to piece it together. I'll try to do a better job of getting it done over a few days maybe instead of having to have a big block of time to do it all, I'll figure it out. Work should be slowing down for me but it's not, but those are the breaks.

Ph (Week 8): Ph lost to Barca in Week 8.

Last edited:
WEEK 9 PREVIEW
There are a few mathematically possible eliminations this week, so with that in mind I want to highlight those that may be dearly departed soon in our Week 9 preview:

Deacon Peach (1-7) vs. DEACHAWK (5-3)
Peach currently sits 4 games back of the last wildcard spot and several tiebreakers down on the chasing pack. With no 5-3 matchups this week, it is possible that all teams at the cutoff line for a wildcard can win (including DEACHAWK) and eliminate Peach with a loss (5 games down, 5 to play, tiebreakers lost). As demonstrated in the above Losers section, this isn't really any fault of Peach's, just how the cookie crumbled in 2022. A win does keep Peach in the game, but the road to salvation is extremely narrow and the slightest toe out of place will sink Peach for good.

TripleDeac (1-7) vs. redwing (4-4)
For the most part, see the Peach section, but imagine her bad tiebreakers being even worse. Triple is already essentially mathematically eliminated from playoff contention (ESPN currently has him at 0% playoff odds), but technically speaking he could win out and have every single result go his way elsewhere to get back into it. However, he doesn't even have the good fortune of playing someone who can help him get back into the race; beating redwing could still result in being eliminated if all 5-3 teams win. Rough sophomore season for Triple, looking forward to seeing what his 2023 bounceback is like.

YoungBuck (0-8) vs. Barca (3-5)
You didn't think we could have a recap/preview without our buddy YB did you? I actually haven't done the exact calculations to see if YB is already fully eliminated, but based just on record he technically is not. He is 5 back of his division lead with 6 to play, though with two divisional games still to be played he is eliminated from a division title. The wildcard is still technically in play, but an incredible longshot. I just want him to get a win, 0-14 would just not be representative of the man he is and the fantasy manager he has been. Best of luck the rest of the way, YB, get one in the W column.

Ph (3-5) vs. bern (4-4)
Ph plays bern in Week 9.

Best of luck to all, a fare thee well to our soon-to-be eliminated bottom 3!

WEEKS 7 & 8: Where Were We?

giphy.gif

Hello, it's been a while. Despite work being on a mission to deprive me of the necessary free time I need to review and recap our fantasy football league, I have found the necessary time to give the people what they want: an update on Ph's results and who he plays next. A lot happened in Weeks 7 and 8 and the playoff picture is really starting to take shape. We have lost a few more poor souls to the single-digit playoff chances purgatory, we have seen some more rise above 80%, and we continue to have a glut of teams smack dab in the middle. Exactly where you would want the league as we pass the midpoint and get to the stretch run. Let's look at how everyone did the past two weeks:

WEEKS 7 & 8 WINNERS & LOSERS

WINNERS

The Fighting Cocks of Appalachia: The Cocks are in the building, ladies and gentlemen! From the depths of the Davis Division, the Cocks have stirred and sit firmly atop the standings after four straight victories. This stretch of results for the Cocks also saw him surpass DEACHAWK in total points, a super important tiebreaker to have down the road if things stay tight through the end of the regular season. It's the usual suspects for the Cocks as Josh Allen and Cooper Kupp have produced as expected, but important performances from role players like Parris Campbell, Eno Benjamin, and whatever a Jake Ferguson is have complemented the stars to give the Cocks a well-rounded team as he has clawed his way back into contention. We salute you, mighty Cocks, welcome back to the top of the mountain.

Bern: When we think of bern, we think of many things. Spotty (at best) participation in mafia games, late confirmation that he still wants to play fantasy football, and probably most of all his impressive creativity when it comes to fantasy football team names. But what we don't necessarily think of is his knack for clutch performances, but in Week 8 bern produced a potentially season-saving result that kept him squarely in the mix in a tough Taylor Division. SD3 leads the way, one game ahead of Edarem, Sleepy, and bern, but the points tiebreaker actually lies with Edarem. bern was in a hole going into Week 8, but that hole got a lot shallower with a victory and the second-highest scoring performance of the season. Not only does bern stay within touching distance of the division lead by record, but he now is within a reasonable margin on points as well and could come back into the tiebreaker mix. Considering the topsy-turvy nature of this league, bern did what needed to be done at the exact point in the season that he needed it most. Kudos, bern.

mako: What can one say about mako that hasn't already been said in the countless chat threads about his mother? The only thing that comes to mind is that his continued excellence in this league is as impressive as it is infuriating. Another two weeks, another two wins for mako as our lone rookie became one of our first two teams to cross the 700 point mark alongside Mrs. I/O. He is very unfortunate to be only 3rd overall in his division on tiebreakers, but mako continues to show that if you let 4th graders help you draft while driving a bus, it can result in good things. Bus rentals are going to skyrocket next year, bank on it.

Ph (Week 7): Ph won in Week 7 against me. Still depressing to write.

LOSERS

Any Sense of Fantasy Justice for Peach
: It's no secret that this season has been hard on three teams in particular, we have covered that fairly consistently in this section of the recaps. But I feel that it is important to highlight briefly the unique hell that Peach is going through. Peach is a consistently solid performer in the Pit League, a testament to her football acumen and having luck smile just enough over the years to tip the scales in her favor. The past couple of weeks, however, Lady Luck decided that she wanted to be a bitch to Peach. Back-to-back 90+ point performances, back-to-back losses. Peach's overall performance on the season is actually really decent: she is 10th overall in points and has an all-play hovering around .500, numbers that should indicate at least being in the mix. But after Weeks 7 & 8, Peach's season is all but over. Fantasy football can be a fickle mistress, and Peach did something to turn the fantasy goddesses against herself. 2023 should bode well for a comeback, Peach.

Pickle & Barca: Outside of the bottom 3, parity has reigned for most of the league. When teams are bunched so closely together, some teams will get screwed. Enter Pickle and Barca. Despite both teams being 3-5, they find themselves with negligible playoff chances. For Pickle, injuries and underperformances have permeated his team like a bad fart in a car on a hot day. His league-high 19 player acquisitions show a man trying his best to hold on to this season with his fingertips, but a couple of narrow losses and some bad weeks have just kept him a half-step away from really finding his balance this season. He still has an outside chance at getting back into the playoff picture, but will need quite some help from others to get there.

Barca's trials and tribulations have been covered previously, so we won't rehash them word for word, but he finds himself in an even tougher position as he is 3 games back full-stop with tiebreakers not really going his way. A win over division rival Ph last week gives him a leg up in that regard, but a tough backend schedule sees a closing three-game stretch with combined opponent records of 19-5 at present. Barca had a big Week 8 to mathematically stay alive for a playoff spot, but even though he is doing fairly well all things considered, his 3-5 record sees him almost out of the game already. Tough beat for those that just needed a couple breaks their way.

Work-Fantasy Football Commissioner Balance: I apologize for the delay in Week 7 & 8 recaps. I thought I had a block of time last week where I normally write these up and it just collapsed on me until it was too late. Similar this week but I was able to find time today to piece it together. I'll try to do a better job of getting it done over a few days maybe instead of having to have a big block of time to do it all, I'll figure it out. Work should be slowing down for me but it's not, but those are the breaks.

Ph (Week 8): Ph lost to Barca in Week 8.
Beautiful

I'm 6th from the top in total points (669.2) and 6th from the bottom in playoff odds (15%).

Hello. It’s me. That win will not be coming this week. That is all.

Somebody message rhaegor and tell him he has 3 empties going against me today.

Thank you once again for the write-ups, but I'd like to dispute one of your points. Bern did not come through at just the right time. Bern abandoned his team probably five minutes after he said he would play. His standing lineup just happened to have a big day.

I need a QB for this week. It doesn't have to be a good one, just one who will take snaps and potentially score more than 0 points. If you have a spare QB, let me know, I will likely be sending out some feelers today and tomorrow.

It really is tough sledding when your first rounder just doesn’t play. Crazy how much a decent rb makes a difference.

I need a QB for this week. It doesn't have to be a good one, just one who will take snaps and potentially score more than 0 points. If you have a spare QB, let me know, I will likely be sending out some feelers today and tomorrow.
I have pj

Back