• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

KP has UGA winning by six. Torvik has UGA winning by 2. An OOC road win would be key to build WF's NCAAT case.

Last edited:
If Reid is cleared (big if) I think that Wake is better positioned than preseason ratings would show. That may be a homer statement though. Time to come out and beat Elon down for good vibes

For some reason, the Wake official site schedule doesn't list that the UGA game will be on the SEC Network.

This game will be a huge barometer of what we are capable of.

Every day we get closer to the opener and i get more and more pissed at the ncaa and their fucking arrogant lazy hypocritical behavior. #FreeReid
Not defending the NCAA in anyway, but:

• It's been reliably reported that Reid's waiver request was denied.
  • WF is appealing
  • WF strategy is to keep the details about the Reid waiver request, the NCAA response and WF's appeal under wraps (not sure why, but that's where we are)
So, to be accurate, the NCAA did rule on Reid's wavier before the first game, and not surprisingly, will not rule on Reid's appeal (and several other appeals) before the season starts.

We are all desperate for WF to return to some form of basketball glory, and agree that Reid playing in 2023-24 would help, but the WF/Reid waiver request, the NCAA's response, the appeal and the timing of it all is exactly what anyone who has paid any attention to the transfer process and the wavier request process would expect. The day WF landed Reid from Gonzaga, everyone should have expected that WF and Reid would be in this spot in early November.

Not defending the NCAA in anyway, but:

• It's been reliably reported that Reid's waiver request was denied.
  • WF is appealing
  • WF strategy is to keep the details about the Reid waiver request, the NCAA response and WF's appeal under wraps (not sure why, but that's where we are)
So, to be accurate, the NCAA did rule on Reid's wavier before the first game, and not surprisingly, will not rule on Reid's appeal (and several other appeals) before the season starts.

We are all desperate for WF to return to some form of basketball glory, and agree that Reid playing in 2023-24 would help, but the WF/Reid waiver request, the NCAA's response, the appeal and the timing of it all is exactly what anyone who has paid any attention to the transfer process and the wavier request process would expect. The day WF landed Reid from Gonzaga, everyone should have expected that WF and Reid would be in this spot in early November.
My question is why won't the NCAA rule on the appeals (for Reid or any other players) before the season starts? Is there any good reason?

How many appeals have been overturned? We all know Tez because we are close to UNC but like is that the only one? Is it 20%? 1%?

My question is why won't the NCAA rule on the appeals (for Reid or any other players) before the season starts? Is there any good reason?
The denial apparently came down in the last week. Sounded like WF submitted additional information (apparently a lot of information) to the NCAA as part of the appeal (if it was the same information there wouldn't be much of a basis for the appeal); so, unless you want the answer to be a summary denial, the NCAA is going to (or at least pretend to) review all of the additional information before ruling on the appeal.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that the rule is that no non-college graduate can transfer a second time without sitting out a year. The exception, not the expectation, is to get a waiver. So, don't think the NCAA has a ton of sympathy for schools or players expecting to play after their second transfer. It was the NCAA membership that passed this rule. The NCAA membership (including WF) can repeal this rule, but as along as the rule is in place, don't think its shocking that the NCAA feels that it is not required to rule on appeals for 2nd time transfer waiver requests on an expedited basis.

Last edited:
I agree the initial denial was inevitable and an appeal would be necessary. But the ncaa can get away with delaying until actual games are missed. Why not deny him in June and have all summer and fall to arbitrate the appeal?
I know, the answer is because the ncaa answers to no one, they make their own rules to their benefit, not the students.
Again, im not disagreeing with you. I just really dont like the ncaa

The last time I recall a disappointing NCAA eligibility process, it led to not red shirting a freshman Tim Duncan. Can we do that again if Reid can’t play?

If Tim Duncan came out of retirement right now and started at center/PF for Wake what would our record be?

Old as hell TD would straight COOK in the post in this game today.

Also does the Great Alaska Shootout still exist or did JaBiden kill that too?

Back