• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Big ACC game tonight: Clemson at Miami.

At the start of the season, Miami was the ranked ACC team expected to contend for 1st place. Instead, the Canes have a mediocre first two months (Miami did beat UGA on a neutral court), and they need to start accumulating quality wins to earn an NCAA bid. They have two huge games this week with tonight's game hosting Clemson and then, at WF on Saturday. Clemson has had the best start of the season of any ACC team with wins at Bama, TCU on a neutral, at Pitt, and a close loss at Memphis.

In addition to the ACC and NCAAT implications, as mentioned above, WF plays Miami next; so, tonight's game is a chance to scout the Deacs' next opponent; if WF is a true ACC contender, these are two teams that the Deacs will need to beat.

For those capping the game, Miami has no depth (#296 in bench minutes), and Nigel Pack is hurt (missed their last game) and Wooga Poplar is banged up. If either or both are out (or limited), hard to see the Canes keeping up with Clemson. Clemson is favored by 1.5; the total is 154, and ESPN will televise the game at 8 pm.

Last edited:
I was really pleased with last night's game. Post is a legit big, and I think Earl Grant is a good coach who is improving on what the last couple of coaches there have done. I'm starting to believe we might be the best tier 2 team in the conference after UNC, Duke, Clemson and Miami and that we'll be dancing.

I was really pleased with last night's game. Post is a legit big, and I think Earl Grant is a good coach who is improving on what the last couple of coaches there have done. I'm starting to believe we might be the best tier 2 team in the conference after UNC, Duke, Clemson and Miami and that we'll be dancing.
We're going to curb stomp miami this weekend in the house that DR didn't build.

Miami hasn't looked like all that. If they lose to Clemson and Wake beats them this weekend, their claim to Tier one ACC is tenuous at best. Wake, playing well with Reid and an improving Keller at the five could make a case for moving into tier one. They would have a good argument for being the team getting the fourth double bye.

Miami hasn't looked like all that. If they lose to Clemson and Wake beats them this weekend, their claim to Tier one ACC is tenuous at best. Wake, playing well with Reid and an improving Keller at the five could make a case for moving into tier one. They would have a good argument for being the team getting the fourth double bye.
Yeah Wake is projected to finish 4th in the ACC on KP. Saturday's game could end up being huge for the double bye spot

We're going to curb stomp miami this weekend in the house that DR didn't build.
I've only seen Miami once, and they looked good that day - think it was K St. Tonight I get to watch UVA/Louvul. If UVA loses that game on the heels of getting blown out by Memphis and ND, they could be in serious trouble. We should at least split with UVA this year and maybe sweep them.

I've only seen Miami once, and they looked good that day - think it was K St. Tonight I get to watch UVA/Louvul. If UVA loses that game on the heels of getting blown out by Memphis and ND, they could be in serious trouble. We should at least split with UVA this year and maybe sweep them.
We sweepin e'rybody. Choo choo mother fuckers, get on board the Deac train.

Baylor absolutely rolling in dough, they opened a football stadium a handful of years ago

Back