• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Duke battling a Thanksgiving hangover as well. Currently down 8 to (1-5) South Indiana late in the first.

Florida tied with Baylor at the half. We better Wake up or Florida is going to blow us out on national television.

duke down 4 at the half.

Hopefully, we'll play up to our competition.

Commentators seem to think that even with a loss Florida will be in the top 25 next week. They’re currently trailing Baylor by 4 with 7:30 to play after Baylor went on a scoring flurry. Florida hanging tough though.

Baylor with 19 assists on 24 field goals.

Yeah UF gonna wipe our own floor with us if we can't get it together in a hurry. That Samuel kid looks like he was a big miss for us, 18 and 7 tonight

Have we had anybody get 7 rebounds yet ths year? I honestly don't remember seeing it?

The High Point men had a dominating win today. Unfortunately it was against an overmatched Mt. Olive squad. My wife enjoyed going so that’s all that mattered to me.

Removing any preseason anchoring here are the top 15 teams so far this season in #metrics - avert your eyes Louis! - per Torvik:

1. Houston
2. Purdue
3. UConn
4. BYU
5. Arizona
6. Villanova
7. Nevada
8. Oklahoma
9. Marquette
10. Alabama
11. Pittsburgh (!!!)
12. Gonzaga
13. Iowa State
14. Mississippi State
15. Florida Atlantic

Virginia Tech got dog walked yesterday by FAU who appears by all accounts to be a top 15-20 team.

The ACC breaks down somewhat nicely into #tiers through the first few games:

Tier 1:

Duke and UNC

Tier 2:

Clemson and Miami - both borderline Tier 1
Pitt, VT, State, Virginia
FSU (closer to Tier 3)

Tier 3:

Wake (close to Tier 2)
BC, Syracuse, GT

Tier 4:

Notre Dame, Louisville

Last edited:
The best game of the day, and honestly probably the only one worth watching although I think Fresno State-UCSB will be entertaining, tips at 11 PM tonight when Utah goes to St. Marys. Some fun games the next couple nights with the ACC-SEC Challenge

Removing any preseason anchoring here are the top 15 teams so far this season in #metrics - avert your eyes Louis! - per Torvik:

1. Houston
2. Purdue
3. UConn
4. BYU
5. Arizona
6. Villanova
7. Nevada
8. Oklahoma
9. Marquette
10. Alabama
11. Pittsburgh (!!!)
12. Gonzaga
13. Iowa State
14. Mississippi State
15. Florida Atlantic

Virginia Tech got dog walked yesterday by FAU who appears by all accounts to be a top 15-20 team.

The ACC breaks down somewhat nicely into #tiers through the first few games:

Tier 1:

Duke and UNC

Tier 2:

Clemson and Miami - both borderline Tier 1
Pitt, VT, State, Virginia
FSU (closer to Tier 3)

Tier 3:

Wake (close to Tier 2)
BC, Syracuse, GT

Tier 4:

Notre Dame, Louisville

Curious to see how Pitt shakes out. By that same metric their best win to date is over #238 Oregon State, who is worse than Louisville and Notre Dame. Pitt is good at pounding terrible teams. We'll see how they do against mediocre to good teams.

Curious to see how Pitt shakes out. By that same metric their best win to date is over #238 Oregon State, who is worse than Louisville and Notre Dame. Pitt is good at pounding terrible teams. We'll see how they do against mediocre to good teams.
Yeah absolutely. It's a good sign that they are beating bad teams by a lot but I'm very interested to see how they play this week and come ACC play

Back