• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

I liked their team this year, but the college is a cult, their president is definitely fishy and in general the college has no real academic substance. Just shiny buildings and fountains
Taught there. Can confirm.

Mountain West… you’re on the bubble?… here is a Q1 gift to get you over the hump. If they go 2-4 in round 1 or better, I’d be really surprised.

It’s changed a lot since about 2007. For the good monetarily, for the bad just about every other way.
FWIW Nido saved the school and also the city of High Point…he’s provided graduate programs in Pharmacy, Physicians Assistants, Dentistry and others that the UNC system wouldn’t allow UNCG to have, is it a great school no but absolutely serves kids who couldn’t get into other grad schools.

FWIW Nido saved the school and also the city of High Point…he’s provided graduate programs in Pharmacy, Physicians Assistants, Dentistry and others that the UNC system wouldn’t allow UNCG to have, is it a great school no but absolutely serves kids who couldn’t get into other grad schools.
That’s completely fair. The undergraduate is a bit of a joke now though. Serving Northeastern kids who couldn’t get into WF and Duke. It’s the only place I’ve ever dealt with students’ parents. Even emails from admin to professors were clearly focused on pleasing parents and not on education.

Last edited:
That’s completely fair. The undergraduate is a bit of a joke now though. Serving Northeastern kids who couldn’t get into WF and Duke. It’s the only place I’ve ever dealt with student’s parents. Even emails to professors were clearly focused on pleasing parents and not on education.
Wow. I've only interacted with two parents in almost 19 years as a professor. One was the parent of a woman who was hospitalized for much of the semester and the other was a dean whose son was struggling in my class.

That’s completely fair. The undergraduate is a bit of a joke now though. Serving Northeastern kids who couldn’t get into WF and Duke. It’s the only place I’ve ever dealt with students’ parents. Even emails from admin to professors were clearly focused on pleasing parents and not on education.
Or Elon or any school in the NE. It’s like the new Rollins.

Drake beat Indiana State for the MVC Championship. Looks bad for us because Indiana State seems firmly in.

Drake beat Indiana State for the MVC Championship. Looks bad for us because Indiana State seems firmly in.
I don't want it to hurt us, but I'll be kind of sad if Cream Abdul Jabbar (aka Larry Nerd) isn't in the tourney.

Last edited:
Those are elite nicknames.

Back