• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Is there any chance the committee sneaks us in even though all the talking heads say no?

How do we not get in if our KP ranking is #31 and our NET is 44? Seems like that is enough to be in the field of 68!

I think that the minuscule chance that could happen completely disappeared when NCST got the auto bid from the ACC.

I've been of the opinion that the TV hairdos continue to underestimate the depth and quality of the ACC and that we deserve more NCAAT bids, not less.

-See #10 state ACCT Champ.

I've been of the opinion that the TV hairdos continue to underestimate the depth and quality of the ACC and that we deserve more NCAAT bids, not less.

-See #10 state ACCT Champ.
I agree. But the narrative has been set and most journalists and TV talking heads are too lazy and stubborn to change it based on the actual facts.

They will just use the NCST win to say that the ACC is so "down" that the #10 team can win the championship. Because it is a lot easier for them that way. Plus they don't have to admit they have been wrong all season.

Wake has no chance at making it, they aren’t even in the conversation. Pitt & UVA will not make it either. Teams like St John’s are also out. The bubble got chewed up yesterday. NC may have also lost their one seed to Iowa St.
Tonight on the U when you see how far Wake is down the seed line of the NIT, they had a lot of work to do.

Wake has no chance at making it, they aren’t even in the conversation. Pitt & UVA will not make it either. Teams like St John’s are also out. The bubble got chewed up yesterday. NC may have also lost their one seed to Iowa St.
Tonight on the U when you see how far Wake is down the seed line of the NIT, they had a lot of work to do.
This. And with State in, I think UVA is on the outside looking in.

This. And with State in, I think UVA is on the outside looking in.
Agree

There have been a bunch of bids stolen via conference tournament upsets. Several teams that thought they were in won’t be. UVA is one.

How do we not get in if our KP ranking is #31 and our NET is 44? Seems like that is enough to be in the field of 68!
we could still be “in” or we might not even be in consideration - the selection criteria is constantly in-flux it seems. Its not fun being on the bubble.

Just trying to drum up some excitement on selecting Sunday! Since it has to be fan generated excitement and not rooted in reality

Back