• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 OGBoards Fantasy Basketball League - Congratulations MHBDemon!

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Official thread for the 10-team league on Yahoo. I'll post updates and such on Yahoo as well, but this is a separate thread for discussion. Please post your team names and teams and your friends' teams and team names as well.

Adjust the Process (#2 pick)
PG Donovan Mitchell
SG Jamal Murray
G Devin Vassell
SF Franz Wagner
PF Karl-Anthony Towns
F Chet Holmgren
C Joel Embiid
C Mitchell Robinson
Util Markelle Fultz
Util Klay Thompson
B Marcus Smart
B Immanuel Quickley
B Draymond Green

Official thread for the 10-team league on Yahoo. I'll post updates and such on Yahoo as well, but this is a separate thread for discussion. Please post your team names and teams and your friends' teams and team names as well.

Adjust the Process (#2 pick)
PG Donovan Mitchell
SG Jamal Murray
G Devin Vassell
SF Franz Wagner
PF Karl-Anthony Towns
F Chet Holmgren
C Joel Embiid
C Mitchell Robinson
Util Markelle Fultz
Util Klay Thompson
B Marcus Smart
B Immanuel Quickley
B Draymond Green

Future Clippers (#4 pick)

PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
SG Paul George
G Jordan Poole
SF Jalen Williams
PF Jaren Jackson Jr
F Pascal Siakam
C Nic Claxton
C Mark Williams
Util Jerami Grant
Util Keegan Murray
B Bruce Brown Jr
B Shaedon Sharpe
B Denis Schroder

my friends

Herros

PG Steph Curry
SG LaMelo Ball
G Kawhi Leonard
SF Brandon Ingram
PF Kristaps Porzingis
F Zion Williamson
C Rudy Gobert
C Jusuf Nurkic
Util Tyler Herro
Util Khris Middleton
B Spencer Dinwiddie
B Rob Williams
B Jordan Clarkson

Emos and Butlers

PG Fred VanVleet
SG Jaylen Brown
G DeMar DeRozan
SF Jayson Tatum
PF Victor Wembanyama
F LeBron James
C Jarrett Allen
C Jalen Duren
Util Chris Paul
Util Jalen Green
B Wendell Carter Jr
B Zach Collins
B Benedict Mathurin

My team is “Uncut Gems is a Sports Movie”

PG Haliburton
SG Cunningham
G Fox
SF Durant
PF John Collins
F Reaves
C Kessler
C Valanciunas
Util Maxey
Util Scoot
Bn Morant
Bn Sochan
Bn Detroit Thompson Twin

My friend is The Sharp Shooters.

Initial thoughts on my team.

Im a sucker for upside. I think i have a lot of upside with my guards. Betting on a rebound year for Collins and a big jump for Sochan.

I have no idea what stats I’m weak in, but my guess would be in rebounds/blocks/steals.

I just couldn’t justify taking Wemby over Durant, but i wanted to just for the fun of owning him.

I went into the draft planning to stack up at C and PG and get some upside wings. I definitely did that although I wouldn't be shocked if injuries completely wreck that plan given 4 Cs have injury histories. I'm happy I got Vassell and Wagner as upside wings. Just hope going old with Klay and Draymond pays off. Aside from Vassell and Murray this squad doesn't really reflect my rooting interests or my League Pass interests though. I really thought Wemby could slide to 19, but y'all are smarter than that. At least I got Chet though.

MHB, I loved the Sochan pick. He'll get a PG, PF designation soon enough and he'll give unique value at either position. I think you picked Reaves, Scoot, Sochan, and Ja right after I marked them.

Pickled da Twine

PG Luka Doncic
SG Kyrie Irving
G Damian Lillard
SF Josh Giddey
PF Cameron Johnson
F Kyle Kuzma
C- Myles Turner
C- Deandre Ayton
U- Terry Rozier
U- Daniel Gafford
B- D'Angelo Russell
B- P.J. Washington
B- Ben Simmons

Ive already got about 20+ dudes on my watch list. Now I’m bummed I’m going to Wilco on Wednesday.

There are so many good players available in a 10 team league.

@Mt. Olive - I wanted Ben Simmons. He's gonna be a steal, I think.

I hope so. It has been years since I did a fantasy basketball team so I'm just trying to keep up right now.

After playing in Jaybone's 16 team league, all of your teams look really good. Hopefully the limits on transactions will inspire trades.

After playing in Jaybone's 16 team league, all of your teams look really good. Hopefully the limits on transactions will inspire trades.
i like that cap on 50 signings

cool feature

Like I've said before, I'd ideally put a cap on weekly games to add more strategy. The traditional setup is more about maxing out games. Having turnovers as a category negates this somewhat, but I'd rather just have like 35 games a week (3.5 x 10), so you have to actively decide who to play and bench.

At least a cap on signings prevents us from streaming every night. That would be very helpful in a 10 team league where some FAs will go off.

Yeah. So in leagues without a signings cap, most people rotate players off their bench to max out their active players. It's low risk unless a player you moved blows up and you can't get him back.

In this league, you can sign up to 4 players off waivers/FA a week and 50 for the season. So if you have a player injured for a few games or you want to pick up a guy for the weekend to win another category, you can do so. But if you do it too often, you won't have anybody for the playoffs.

In jaybone's league, the best players would save their transactions for the playoffs and then try to get 8-10 guys playing every night.

Mobley Dick

PG Trae Young
SG Anthony Edwards
G Desmond Bane
SF Tobias Harris
PF Evan Mobley
F Julius Randle
C Nikola Vucevic
C Jakob Poeltl
U CJ McCollum
U Tre Jones
B Herbert Jones
B Gradey Dick
B Jonathan Isaac

Kinda just chose players based on my opinions of them in college/last years playoffs. Probably not a great strategy

Whats difference between IL and IL+?

IL is only for the Injured List
IL+ is for players on the Injured List, Out, and Game Time Decisions

All the matchups look pretty close overall. Only Mt. Olive has 7+ and he's played more games so far.

Back