• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Women's Basketball (7-24) - Signed 6-2 PF/C Kennedy Moore from Montana

Yes, plenty. But there might not be a worse case of misinformation than "Wake/Hoover didn't try to recruit her!!!111!!"

I’m not sure many 3 time conference POYs got emotional turning down Wake.

That's wrong. Hoover did everything she could to land Kitley. Kitley considered WF, largely because of her father's WF connection, but he was adamant that she choose the school that was best for her. There's an article that was previously posted on this board that detailed this. There was a similar situation before Liz, with Lucky Rudd, Delaney Rudd's daughter. She choose NC State over WF. WF is a hard sell in women's basketball. WF is last by miles in fan support, and now in NIL.

Quote from the article and link:

“Elizabeth took 24 hours to call every coach that recruited her to let them know her decision and to thank them,” Ralph Kitley said. “When she got on the phone with Jen Hoover at Wake Forest, it was getting really emotional. Elizabeth thought she had let me down by not going to Wake Forest, but that wasn’t the case, at all. I wanted her to go where she wanted to be.”

Read more at: https://www.salisburypost.com/2022/01/23/ralph-and-elizabeth-kitleys-are-a-basketball-family/
Very good thanks for unequivocally clearing that up. 👍

I’ve tried hard to give Womens bball and particularly Wake bball a chance, but in watching the first round game , the quality of play just sucks.

Down 15 after being up 2 at the half.

Now back within two.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

This team plays hard. They aren't very talented, but they never give up.

I like how the virginia coach just keeps shaking her head.

Let’s gooo.. had under 112.5 so that banked halfcourter at the buzzer killed me…

Back