• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

It seems like the pass defense was good be sure opponents rarely played from behind.

Was this shirt where the Panthers franchise peaked? Yes, I was insanely jealous when this came out and the Patriots had nothing to compete with it.

8861dd6c422057b9cdaf31f3654b3483--nfl-carolina-panthers-vintage-tee.jpg

Peppers is a first ballot hall of famer - first drafted by the Panthers I believe

Gotta get Smitty in there

Was Smitty eligible? If so it seems bullshit Andre Johnson got in over him.

Luke eligible next year.

Not his fault. The coaches decided one of our best players doesn’t fit the scheme.
I've never understood this. You should never keep your impact players out of the game because they don't fit your system, especially at this level that is dependent on big plays.

Not his fault. The coaches decided one of our best players doesn’t fit the scheme.
In Evero's scheme Chinn would have to cover receivers in man a lot and that's his big weakness. That's why he didnt play. But given the lack of depth we had a linebacker it would have seemed we could have played him there a good bit. He's physical and a very good tackler.

Back