• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - WR Xavier Leggette (#32), RB Johnathan Brooks (#46), LB Trevin Wallace (#72)

Derrick Brown in 2020 > Horn, TMJ, Christensen, Tremble, Chuba in 2019

And they got Chinn in 2020 and just wasted him.

I really don’t understand how this stuff is someone’s job and they are consistently so bad at it.
Even the worst GMs get a chance to draft good players. The Panthers have been so bad on Days 2 and 3 for so long it defies the odds. Without looking, the only Round 2-7 player to get a second contract with the Panthers over the last several years is Ian Thomas. And he's horrible.

I mean it’s hard to determine how this draft is going until the season, but I am not impressed.

Even the worst GMs get a chance to draft good players. The Panthers have been so bad on Days 2 and 3 for so long it defies the odds. Without looking, the only Round 2-7 player to get a second contract with the Panthers over the last several years is Ian Thomas. And he's horrible.
Donte Jackson and Marquis Haynes also signed second contracts with the Panthers from the 2018 draft.

Moton from the 2017 draft.

Daryl Williams from the 2015 draft signed a 1 year deal.

Trai Turner from the 2014 draft.

I think that's it.

Josh Norman was a good pick, yet didn’t get a second contract. But he was a good pick

We can't seem to line up a good coach and a good gm at the same time

I fear that bad or inexperienced GMs tend to make lots of trades, because it either makes it look like they're running a sophisticated operation, or it helps them feel they're justifying their position/pay

Plus they probably get more calls than the experienced GMs.

Back