• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 MLB Season: Pitchers' Elbows Are Blowing Up...

Being a Wake Forest fan can be frustrating. Luckily I have my Pirates…

Oh shit

IMG_1484.jpeg

To be fair, the Pirates have had some incredible pitchers, they just can’t keep them bc Nutting is the worst/cheapest owner in the league.

Lots of teams ahead of the Royals don’t have a ring and back to back ws appearances.

yeah, I would imagine the Orioles, for one, would happily trade places with the Royals.

Nesbitt scored it as follows:

Win the World Series: 9 points (my opinion: it should be 100 points)
Lose the WS: 6 points
Lose the league championship series: 3 points
Lose the Division Series: 2 points
Lose the Wild Card: 1 point

The Pirates have 4 points. The Royals, 2nd-worst on that list, have 15

Speaking of, have the pirates indicated what their plan is with Skenes? This fantasy owner wants (needs) to know.

he won't be on the Opening Day roster. I don't know much more than that, other than based on past experience, they'll try to delay his callup to keep the arbitration clock from starting, and they'll piss him off such that he predictably leaves at his first opportunity

yeah, I would imagine the Orioles, for one, would happily trade places with the Royals.

Nesbitt scored it as follows:

Win the World Series: 9 points (my opinion: it should be 100 points)
Lose the WS: 6 points
Lose the league championship series: 3 points
Lose the Division Series: 2 points
Lose the Wild Card: 1 point

The Pirates have 4 points. The Royals, 2nd-worst on that list, have 15
Ya I think this also clearly undervalues the Red Sox given they are pretty obviously the most successful team so far this century. I think this list would more aptly be titled "a ranking of teams in terms of consistency since 1995". That is brutal for the Pirates though, honestly didn't realize they had really had no seriously successful years in this time frame.

he won't be on the Opening Day roster. I don't know much more than that, other than based on past experience, they'll try to delay his callup to keep the arbitration clock from starting, and they'll piss him off such that he predictably leaves at his first opportunity
Skenes doesn't strike me as someone who is going to be willing to stick around out of loyalty or sign a long term deal early to delay free agency. Who knows, although I think if the Pirates want any hope of keeping him long term though they will need to pony up a 10+ year 200m+ deal pretty early on.

The Yamamoto debut...43 pitches to get 3 outs.

so the dodgers-padres series is real regular season baseball while all the other teams are playing spring training games this week?

also, the ohtani betting thing is crazy

Sure sounded like Ravetz just said “Monkey” instead of Mookie.

MLB will try to whitewash this as Ohtani is the game's dominant global star, and MLB wants to market him to the max. That said, any other player sends $4.5 million to a acknowledged bookmaker (and an illegal one at that), and they would be sitting out for a long time. Also, would guess at least some of that money was on baseball bets (I'm sure MLB does not what to know what sports covered those gambling losses).

The interpeter is the key. He will be taken care of as long as he stays on script.

Apparently, all of the action was on soccer....

That's from a source. As expected, all of the action was from Ohtani, not the interpreter.

Back