• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 MLB Season: Pitchers' Elbows Are Blowing Up...

Whatever. The sport that Ohtani wagered on has not been made public to my knowledge. Thought I would share with my fellow WF Board members. If you have different info; good for you. If you doubt the info, good for you.

I wonder what club Ohtani was dumping money on that kept coming up short of expectations.

I can't think of a single football club that constantly lets me dow.... oh. nevermind. I think I figured it out.

I wonder what club Ohtani was dumping money on that kept coming up short of expectations.

I can't think of a single football club that constantly lets me dow.... oh. nevermind. I think I figured it out.
I’m guessing he was betting on WF.

UF's stud OF from the 2023 CWS, Wyatt Langford, made the Rangers' opening days roster. Quick rise for him.

Ohtani's press conference didn't say much. Ohtani claiming he did nothing and knew nothing until a few days ago. The interpreter is completely under the bus on this. Ohtani shocked that his friend and interpreter would do this.

Lawyers and legal authorities handling because of the theft. IMHO, it will take learning the results of the FBI investigation before we know much more.

MLB will try to whitewash this as Ohtani is the game's dominant global star, and MLB wants to market him to the max. That said, any other player sends $4.5 million to a acknowledged bookmaker (and an illegal one at that), and they would be sitting out for a long time. Also, would guess at least some of that money was on baseball bets (I'm sure MLB does not what to know what sports covered those gambling losses).

The interpeter is the key. He will be taken care of as long as he stays on script.
He'll "retire" for a few years, follow his childhood dream to play G-League basketball and then come back

wait a minute.....

This will be really interesting. Ohtani is probably guilty of illegal gambling. Will MLB ban their most marketable player? Or will they try to sweep it under the rug? Maybe Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose will end up in the HOF because of this.

Diamondbacks sign Jordan Montgomery. Gerrit Cole is an injury question mark, and pitching is a concern for them; yet, Snell signs with the Giants and Montgomery signs with the D-Backs. Definitely, a different Steinbrenner is running things in the Bronx. MLB teams' fortunes vary from year to year, but Arizona has a far better roster than the team that won the NL last year.

2024 MLB win totals​

See picks at SportsLine

Dodgers 103.5
Braves 101.5
Astros 93.5
Yankees 90.5
Orioles 89.5
Phillies 89.5
Rangers 88.5
Twins 87.5
Mariners 87.5
Blue Jays 86.5
Cardinals 84.5
Rays 84.5
Cubs 83.5
Diamondbacks 83.5
Giants 83.5
Padres 83.5
Mets 81.5
Reds 81.5
Tigers 80.5
Guardians 79.5
Red Sox 77.5
Marlins 77.5
Brewers 76.5
Pirates 75.5
Royals 73.5
Angels 72.5
Nationals 66.5
White Sox 61.5
Rockies 59.5
Athletics 57.5

Like the Cubs, Padres and A's over. Marlins and Cardinals under.

Is there a roster deadline? When do teams start officially placing players on DL?

Back