• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

Someone should make ‘Scottie Scheffler’s Driving School’ t-shirts.

Scottie -4 on the day and -8, takes more than an ugly police incident to slow him down.

Gosh thinking about entire day and how Scottie handled it in play and out of play just like we knew he would. Not sure how many of you tune in to Webb Simpson’s Bible caddy podcast but it speaks volumes to who he is.

Had to explain the difference between Scheffler and Schauffele to my wife.
Me as well plus father in law who said he shot 62 the first day and arrested the next! And now the PGA champ.

I like Bryson and his passion. Crowd was behind him and he played lights out and entertained. I want the best players to play together. It appears for now that will be majors only which will make those events that much better.

Bryson is good for tv and he played great. Credit to Xander for that up and down. That’s routine for those guys on a Friday afternoon, but under the circumstances, that isn’t easy.

In the moment when the outcome was still undecided, Xander made a fan out of me with the 3 wood out of the bunker from 284 out. Not too many people going to try and pull that off.

Bryson was somewhat likable because he seems like the rare LIV guy who hasn’t completely mailed it in and is actually still grinding away on his game and trying to compete. Still glad Xander won although a playoff would’ve been fun.

In the moment when the outcome was still undecided, Xander made a fan out of me with the 3 wood out of the bunker from 284 out. Not too many people going to try and pull that off.

Bryson was somewhat likable because he seems like the rare LIV guy who hasn’t completely mailed it in and is actually still grinding away on his game and trying to compete. Still glad Xander won although a playoff would’ve been fun.

The fact that he was able to hit that shot out of a fairway bunker is a) a testament to his talent, and b) an example of why Valhalla doesn't really have any teeth against the pros. The fairway bunkering is too shallow to really pose much of a threat off the tee.

I think that's pretty much it, Bryson and Brooks, seem to be the only ones that have the desire. I think maybe Rahm still does too, but the move to the being an exhibition golfer most of the time hasn't been good for him.

So happy for Xander to finally get that 1st major win. As for Bryson, it appears that he's matured a bit the last 2-3 years away from the PGA tour. His game reminds me of Rory's - obscenely long and hits his irons even longer than Rory does but has occasionally squirrely wedges. Are his wedges still the length of the rest of his irons? The difference between him and Rory is Bryson is a more consistently good putter. He's really an underrated putter.

Lost against the PGA, Man City, lax semis and 2 NBA game 7s yesterday, Jen had a T-3 at Liberty where Nelly once again won. That's her 2nd recent top 10. Maybe her game is turning the corner from where its been the last 1-2 years.

So happy for Xander to finally get that 1st major win. As for Bryson, it appears that he's matured a bit the last 2-3 years away from the PGA tour. His game reminds me of Rory's - obscenely long and hits his irons even longer than Rory does but has occasionally squirrely wedges. Are his wedges still the length of the rest of his irons? The difference between him and Rory is Bryson is a more consistently good putter. He's really an underrated putter.

Lost against the PGA, Man City, lax semis and 2 NBA game 7s yesterday, Jen had a T-3 at Liberty where Nelly once again won. That's her 2nd recent top 10. Maybe her game is turning the corner from where its been the last 1-2 years.
His method looks very stiff and uncomfortable, but also very repeatable once mastered. Probably not many guys could have success with it, but it's perfect for him.

on a scale of 10-10 how surprised are you that cville refers to all golfers by their first names like they hang together

also doucheambeau is only "less reviled" than before because you never have to watch him anymore. he's as big a douche as ever

Back