• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Tough, but it’s a midweek against a very respectable mid major. Lock back in and steal some more TV revenue from FSU this weekend

Losses are frustrating in any sport when you're a fan. If you live and die every time that we get down, or have a bad pitching day, or lose, then baseball is 100% not the sport for you.

What we did last year was one the most impressive collegiate baseball seasons in a long time, even without the title. If that's your barometer for a successful season, then once again, you're going to have a really bad time.

My thought is that it's 100% ok to be frustrated, and I completely agree that I don't always back what Walter does (and I did think it was time to let him go 2 years ago, so take my opinion with a grain of salt), but some of the takes on here are LOL bad considering this is still a pretty damn good team.

Deacs are 0-2 at DBAP (last year in game 2 vs Duke and last night) when I am in attendance so I'll probably skip the next one

It's not the attendance that's the problem, it's the lack of dedication to the streaming craft.

Look, I love listening to Ty, but I would have loved to have a more visual guide to the frustration that was last night.

It's not the attendance that's the problem, it's the lack of dedication to the streaming craft.

Look, I love listening to Ty, but I would have loved to have a more visual guide to the frustration that was last night.
I want to see the questionable pitches with my own eyes. He said they were balls, but he also said that Marek Houston was coming into last night as the "hottest hitter on the team", so it's hard to trust.

I don't think the umpires last night were any worse or better than they have been all year.

Did UNC-W use a weekend started against us or a mid-week option? Was big game for them.

only asked because I've run into that guy at a few different Wake games and kids sporting events. He's a really nice, cheerful pretty chill guy so I got a big kick out of imagining him getting worked up enough to get kicked out of a game

Back