• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

For those who didn't watch. Burns pitched 6 innings of no hit ball. Slim gave up 1 hit and racked up 4 (5?)ks in 2 innings.

Threw out Hudson Lee in the ninth who struggled before Koshy wrapped it up.

Aside from the Lee cameo, it was a tough day for Western.

Also a western bat broke on a check swing and landed by burns. Would've been peak peak Wake Forest if that took him out.

Can't remember ever seeing a metal bat break like that before.

Also a western bat broke on a check swing and landed by burns. Would've been peak peak Wake Forest if that took him out.

That was crazy. Like you, I had never seen one break either. The batter just kinda stood there wondering what just happened as well

Strange that it was on a normal swing instead of a foul ball. We joked with the WCU fans behind us that they needed more funding for bats. Their response was they needed more funding for a lot of things.

Caught the game broadcast on the long road home from Disney today. Gills performances at the plate this past week have me wondering if maybe it’s starting to click for him, but part of me wonders if it’s just been a lower level of pitching he’s faced and been more familiar with. Fingers crossed he’s seeing the ball better now.

For those who didn't watch. Burns pitched 6 innings of no hit ball. Slim gave up 1 hit and racked up 4 (5?)ks in 2 innings.

Threw out Hudson Lee in the ninth who struggled before Koshy wrapped it up.

Aside from the Lee cameo, it was a tough day for Western.
Lee had some good stuff but wildly inconsistent. So he’s right at home in our bullpen.

Lee has some great stuff, but was always behind. Koshy with good control, seems his pitches had some movement within the strike zone.

Gill is coming around.

Got to get consistency from the outfielder bats and bullpen.

Back