• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

FSU was not only cancelled for weather. Howser Stadium was pretty much destroyed. So, it's not certain FSU will have a true home series unless they can repair necessities before the GT series.

Maybe it's played on a high school field close by, another Fla. college, or maybe moves to GT. Whatever, I think GT gets a little bit of an advantage if the games aren't played on FSU's homefield.
The fence on top of the wall in right and foul pole in right field are down. There was also some damage to the scoreboard, but the stadium wasn’t anything close to destroyed. If they can get a new foul pole up, I think they’ll play (no fence would just make for a short porch in right field, but I’m pretty sure it’s not as short as ours - and I would think a chain link fence would be easier to source on super short notice than a foul pole in any event). If not, FAMU has a Thurs, Fri, Sat home series, but that would seem like the most likely spot if they can work out the timing.

Yeah, it's confusing for people because losing Q3/Q4 games has a giant impact for basketball, but losing a few midweek games to bad teams just doesn't mean that much in baseball.

Midweek games involve the use of a bunch of pitchers that would probably not even get to pitch in a regional, and the committee knows that. Therefore they just don't matter all that much in terms of seeding.
Especially when you play in the ACC or SEC and play a top 5 or 10 overall schedule like we all do in baseball.

Not sure why UVa seems to be a lock to host. I have not been impressed with them. We should have taken 2 out of 3 and without having their schedule in front of me my guess is they have loaded up on the easier games. Their pitching is meh.

The fence on top of the wall in right and foul pole in right field are down. There was also some damage to the scoreboard, but the stadium wasn’t anything close to destroyed. If they can get a new foul pole up, I think they’ll play (no fence would just make for a short porch in right field, but I’m pretty sure it’s not as short as ours - and I would think a chain link fence would be easier to source on super short notice than a foul pole in any event). If not, FAMU has a Thurs, Fri, Sat home series, but that would seem like the most likely spot if they can work out the timing.

Not sure why UVa seems to be a lock to host. I have not been impressed with them. We should have taken 2 out of 3 and without having their schedule in front of me my guess is they have loaded up on the easier games. Their pitching is meh.
Trying to remember, but didn't we drop a freaking infield pop up that cost us one of the games?

Left field appears to be about 450 feet while right appears about 250. Is this a legit image? I've never seen a ballpark with that configuration.
I just screenshot it off of google maps. Ill try to see if I can find the dimensions, but you are right. It looks like an intramural field that they built stands and a scoreboard around

^^^ Then one of two things:

1) That photo is not correct and/or is photoshopped
2) That is a fantastic optical illusion and it actually represents those dimensions. I don't see how that's possible.

Left field appears to be about 450 feet while right appears about 250. Is this a legit image? I've never seen a ballpark with that configuration.
wind aided 2 out 2 strike homer that barely cleared the fence that tied game 3

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

In the video, it shows F$U has an on campus circus, with high wire trapeze acts. It looked like it was damaged pretty bad though
They do, one of the more unique things there. I remember seeing it first time I went to a football game there

I will happily text my tickets for tomorrow's game to anyone who can use them, The weather looks iffy so who knows what game time will be. Just pm me and I can text the tickets to you.

I imagine I’ve been to more games at Dick Howser than anyone else here - it’s a weird configuration, but it’s not nearly as stark as the google map image makes it seem. The thing that throws it off is that the right field wall extends well past where you would expect there to be an angle to center. It’s a short porch in right (hence the fence), but not nearly as short as that photo makes it look.

My best circus story is a friend of a friend my sophomore year who did acrobatics and clowning in the FSU circus went to a show of a traveling circus (not Ringling Bros., but maybe like a rung below) that came to Tallahassee and dropped out of school to join up with them. When anyone asked about him, we could pretty legitimately say he ran away and joined the circus.

Back