• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

fwiw, i personally think using a lefty against the bottom of the order packed with lefties was the right move. save roland for the top of the order next inning. just don’t have confidence in johnston given his lack of control.

14 runs against us last night bs 3 for us.
Wasted a Burns start tonight. Took him out after 92 pitches. No walks, 13 k's.
6 walks and a balk for our bullpen in the 8th and 9th.
3 hits for our offense tonight.
So many mental and strategy mistakes.

Take it to the Tom Walter credibility thread.

With all the elite talent this team has, it’s been clear since early on they were going to be limited by the lack of depth. Our pitching isn’t good enough, we have 1 reliable starter and a bad bullpen. The bottom of the lineup is bad, so when the top hitters don’t produce we’re screwed. It was nice of Kurtz to get on base, but he’s got to swing the bat with guys in position. These at bats against freshmen are just not good enough.

This was the more egregious decision than not putting Cole in for the 9th. Burns should’ve been out there for the 8th. It’s all moot though if the offense can’t score.

And believe State deserves it however achieved…think they have now won series against Wake, Clemson, UNC, Duke, and split 2 games with FSU…all teams supposedly ranked higher….hard to argue others deserve to host but they don’t.
State absolutely deserves a hosting spot.

Why not use Cole Roland instead of Johston. He would not walk all those batters.

I know I’m mad as fuck, but come on… losing a series on the road to a damn good squad and we drop all the to a 2 seed???

Stop lol

Also, if the margin was really that close then not throwing Chase yesterday is an even worse decision. We need to win a few in Charlotte and need him to pitch.

Pretty much will finish the season .500 in conference play. Hope we make noise in June or else it’ll be a very disappointing year in football, basketball, and baseball. Through all the football and basketball losses I kept counting the days until baseball season. It’s been mostly a dud too

Back