• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Deacs face VT freshman Brett Renfrow.

RHP Renfrow has been solid this year:

38.2 IP 28 H 12 BB 42Ks 3HR 3.26 ERA

That said, WF is the first ranked team Renfrow has faced. Renfrow's 4 ACC opponents: ND, L'ville, BC and Pitt.

Last time out against Pitt Renfrow went 6.1 IP 2 H 3 ERs 2 BB 5 Ks. VT is unbeaten (4-0) in his 4 home starts.

Got to win this first one.

Quick blurb on SI.com regarding Rhett Lowder. I will be there and will try to get a couple of pics.

Get to Dayton to See Rhett Lowder

He is beginning the season with the Dragons, but he isn’t going to be there long. Andrew Abbott spent all of 27 innings (three starts) when he got to Dayton before earning a promotion to Double-A Chattanooga. Nick Lodolo made exactly two starts before being bumped up. Lowder is projected to be better than both of them. He will start Friday’s opener and maybe gets one more start before he will move on.

Quick blurb on SI.com regarding Rhett Lowder. I will be there and will try to get a couple of pics.

Get to Dayton to See Rhett Lowder

He is beginning the season with the Dragons, but he isn’t going to be there long. Andrew Abbott spent all of 27 innings (three starts) when he got to Dayton before earning a promotion to Double-A Chattanooga. Nick Lodolo made exactly two starts before being bumped up. Lowder is projected to be better than both of them. He will start Friday’s opener and maybe gets one more start before he will move on.
Rhett Lowder Days are a small city's most treasured natural resource.

Can I also say that Reds Farm system has some dope names.

Going from the DAYTONa Tortugas to the DAYTON Dragons is cool by accident, and even cooler if purposeful.

Then the Chattanooga Look(TF)outs 1712345407711.png

Then you transition for the bland unimaginative Reds with the bland unimaginative Louisville Bats.

Tonight's WF @ VT will be televised on ACCN.

WF is 4-8 in the ACC; VT is 10-2. The game is at VT, and WF is favored...

Tonight's WF @ VT will be televised on ACCN.

WF is 4-8 in the ACC; VT is 10-2. The game is at VT, and WF is favored...
I don't know if you know this, but some teams are better than others. We played a lot of games against teams better than VT played. Not saying we win tonight (we will), but folks need to realize our schedule has been extraordinarily difficult. We have played more ranked games at this point that most teams in college baseball will play all season.

FWIW, VT is #11. Another ranked opponent.

So, they are also ranked higher than WF. With all of that said, understand why WF is favored.

FWIW, VT is #11. Another ranked opponent.

So, they are also ranked higher than WF. With all of that said, understand why WF is favored.
By the time we roll into the BC series, almost half our games have been against ranked teams.

The back half of the schedule is "easier" but still includes fsu and clemson.

I really hope we don't get intermittent play. Would be a shame to throw Burns out there for 2-3 innings, then have to pull him after an hour rain delay. Having our Friday guy be able to go 5-7 is crucial for series success until we can sure up the bullpen.

I like this lineup. Ultimately I thought we may have Tellier at 3rd and King at 2nd, but I'm cool with it either way. I just want us to get these guys settled in defensive positions so they can start developing chemistry and confidence.

Maybe it should, but solidifying the batting order doesn't bother me quite so much.

Back