• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

fwiw, eric alder was so bad a few years ago he stopped dressing for games and speculation about him needing to return for his senior year to redeem himself was also common but he ended up getting drafted in the 6th round and signing.
This past weekend I saw Adler close for the WS Dash vs Rome (Braves). Up 5-3 he held them scoreless, 2 SO and 1 fly out, and only 2 or 3 balls IIRC. Throwing 95/96. Extremely accurate.Gone was the characteristic "taking a dump squat in the woods" before the pitch. I saw him at Elon his last year, come in for relief. (He'd lost his starting position). I swear it seemed he threw 10 balls straight before being yanked. Something was very different compared to his last year at Wake.

As some projections currently have them on the bubble, NCSU will be rooting hard for Wake over the next two weeks to set them up for an rpi-boosting final series in Raleigh. I would love to see that series come down to both Wake needing to win or sweep to host a regional, and NCSU needing to win or sweep to get in the tournament absent an ACC tournament run.

As some projections currently have them on the bubble, NCSU will be rooting hard for Wake over the next two weeks to set them up for an rpi-boosting final series in Raleigh. I would love to see that series come down to both Wake needing to win or sweep to host a regional, and NCSU needing to win or sweep to get in the tournament absent an ACC tournament run.
To get in the ACC tourney? Isn’t their conference record better than ours?

Idk, where NCSU is ranked at right now with FSU, Virginia, and us left, they kind of control their own destiny to be a national seed. Same with us.

Not saying it's happening, but if we win all our series, and they win theirs, its likely a fringe top 10 matchup with the Pack for a potential to move into that top 8 spot for the winner.

To get in the ACC tourney? Isn’t their conference record better than ours?
No, NCAA. I talked to someone in their AD's office yesterday and they feel they are in a similar situation to where Wake was late in the basketball season: in if they don't totally screw the pooch, but rather not put it in the hands of the cmte.

I agree Hartle has really dropped this year and that will affect his draft position compared to last year and as a hs senior. Command can be fixed not saying he will but I think there is enough upside he’ll be drafted. He may have lost draft position compared to HS but I’m assuming he will have a wake forest degree and still get some pro money. How he fares in the mlb is anyone’s guess but it could be getting the degree was a pretty good idea.

He's a junior and draft eligible. When are you expecting he'd get his degree?

Yeah I was looking for an excuse to go do something other than work this afternoon. Would be a lot of driving to be ticked off by the fourth inning and ready to drive back home.

Back