• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2nd Billboard

Strattocaster

Reaction score
I spoke with one of the billboard companies today. They have an electronic billboard on bus 40, across the street from Baptist Medical, that runs about $1800 bucks a month. If we do the banner and this, we would need to raise about $600 more. There are other options on 40 buy they are $2500 - $4000. Less expensive options are 10x20 posters that are $1000 - $1500.

The cool thing about the electronic one is that we can change our message at any time. So we could change the message weekly or if there is a bad loss, we can have something about it up the next day.
The electronic ones draw a lot more attention as well.

My thoughts are to run it to run in Jan/Feb when Buzz begins losing.

Any positive input is appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't the electronic billboard rotate messages every few seconds?

I spoke with one of the billboard companies today. They have an electronic billboard on bus 40, across the street from Baptist Medical, that runs about $1800 bucks a month. If we do the banner and this, we would need to raise about $600 more. There are other options on 40 buy they are $2500 - $4000. Less expensive options are 10x20 posters that are $1000 - $1500.

The cool thing about the electronic one is that we can change our message at any time. So we could change the message weekly or if there is a bad loss, we can have something about it up the next day.
The electronic ones draw a lot more attention as well.

My thoughts are to run it to run in Jan/Feb when Buzz begins losing.

Any positive input is appreciated.

I like the idea of an electronic billboard. I assume that we can have several messages on a rotating playlist?

How many messages are in a rotation?

There would be 7 other advertisers. I happened to be in Winston this morning and saw the billboard. Its in a good spot. Its on the left headed east of bus 40.

Right in front of the med school is kind of fun to think about. Added bonus: not far from Flow Motors, either.

Pretty dumb idea. Nothing will happen until the end of the season...that is guaranteed. Make your play after we lose in the ACC tourney. All it will do before then is make the current players very uncomfortable.

Glad to hear we would only need another $600 to do this. So $2,400 more for two full months? I should be in for $50-75 or so. I'll wait till after October and the air banner, which I'm not fond of. But I like the idea of an electronic board on 40 to remind folks driving by how much our revenue sports suck because of Wellman.

Back