• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2pm on the C-Dub vs. Syracuse

He hadn't shown that stage fright in HS nor in the first game last season.
He beat VMI. VMI went 1-10 last year and was the 230th best team in college football, out of 260, roughly a touchdown better than #252, according to Sagarin.

He hadn't shown that stage fright in HS nor in the first game last season.
The first game last year was against VMI, an FCS team that went 1-11 and high school is much, much different that P5 football. I highly doubt in High School he was having to throw over 6’5” offensive lineman and he wasn’t being hunted down by 300lb defensive lineman.

The first game last year was against VMI, an FCS team that went 1-11 and high school is much, much different that P5 football. I highly doubt in High School he was having to throw over 6’5” offensive lineman and he wasn’t being hunted down by 300lb defensive lineman.
How is that different for Griffis as opposed to other QBs coming out of HS?

How is that different for Griffis as opposed to other QBs coming out of HS?
What is your point? Some guys get it and some guys don’t. It’s obvious he doesn’t get it. That happens, lots of QBs come out of high school to teams that are hopeful that they‘ll develop and they don’t. This was a little higher profile because he was good enough in practice to get named starter, but what happened is not unprecedented.

What's the QB depth chart for today? If Griffis is starting I might as well watch Andy Griffith(s) reruns.

Man James Bates is the best i could watch any game as long as he is calling it.

Firing a coach before the final home game is pretty trashy. He should be able to see his seniors off.
Concur - or fire him and let him coach the game? I dunno - who is Syracuse trying to jump in the carousel that they HAD to announce it this week. OTOH I guess they are worried they might beat us, get bowl eligible and then it’s a worse look?

Back