• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

30 years ago, Bob Knight threw a chair

Ron-Swanson-Chair-Throw.gif

Personally I can't stand when people on message boards complain about officiating. I'd much prefer my coach throwing chairs at officials instead. Stay classy Bob Knight.

Such a terrible role model. A shame he garnered a few rogue fans over the years. What simple minded cretures they must be.

New evidence indicates Bobby actually saw BKF in the stands and was throwing the chair to defend himself from his stalker. The part of the video you never see replayed is the when the security guards cart BKF out of the arena in cuffs.

"We're at a point where I'm getting the fuck outta here. I mean if you're not going to cover Greg Graham if you're just gonna let him drive by ya, if the rest of you are gonna let him catch the ball outside the 3 second line and drive all the way in here without one guy challengin him, then I'm leavin and you guys will fuckin run till you can't eat supper. Now I'm tired of this shit, I'm sick and fuckin tired of a fucking 8-10 record, I'm fuckin tired of losing to Purdue. I'm not here to fuck around this week. Now you may be, but I'm not. Now I'm gonna fuckin guarantee ya that if we don't play it up there Monday night you're ain't gonna believe the next fuckin day. Now I am not here to get my ass beat on Monday and you better fuckin understand that right now. This is absolute fuckin bullshit. Now I'll fuckin run your ass right in the ground. I'll fuckin run you, you'll think last night was a fuckin picnic. I had to sit around for a fuckin year with an 8 and 10 record in this fuckin league. And I mean you will not put me in that fuckin position again, or you will goddamn pay for it like you can't fuckin believe. Now you better get your head outta your ass."

jackass6-jpg.228861

I'd still take Bob Knight and his honest asshole perosnality over K's weasely bullshit or Huckleberry Roy's schtick.

Say what you will about Bob Knight (and most of it...good and bad is probably true) but he was an amazing basketball coach. Compare the talent that came through IU and what he did with it to the talent that came through Chapel Hill and what Saint Dean did with it and you will see who the true basketball genius is.

Bob Knight's teams played basketball beautifully. He has been the best in two different professions. Who gives a fuck if he behaved like a jerk from time to time, most people who are great at something do. Most likely, the best his critics on this board can aspire to is mediocrity in their own professions.

Bobby Knight is one funny dude.

Yeah the choking, chair throwing and temper tantrums aren't positives but c'mon this is comedy gold..

Bob Knight's teams played basketball beautifully. He has been the best in two different professions. Who gives a fuck if he behaved like a jerk from time to time, most people who are great at something do. Most likely, the best his critics on this board can aspire to is mediocrity in their own professions.

Take this logic to the end of the road, and you've got Hitler.

A completely incompetent nice guy that rises to power.

Would be worse than Hitler? You serious, Clark? I'll take my chances with Anarchy over Fascism 10 times out of 10.

You end up being engulfed by the Hitlers of the world. I would rather be Germany than Poland.

Back