• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

4 "ACC" teams in AP Top 10

Tobacco Road

Reaction score
Well, really just 3 current teams, but Louisville makes the cut, as well. Impressive, though FSU and Clemson likely can't both stay in for long.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

1 Alabama (55)
SEC
Record: 6-0 PV Rank
1Points
2 Oregon (5)
Pac-12
Record: 6-0 21,438
3 Clemson
ACC
Record: 6-0 31,352
4 Ohio State
Big Ten
Record: 6-0 41,330
5 Florida State
ACC
Record: 5-0 61,242
6 LSU
SEC
Record: 6-1 101,137
7 Texas A&M
SEC
Record: 5-1 91,105
8 Louisville
The American
Record: 6-0 81,077
9 UCLA
Pac-12
Record: 5-0 111,017
10 Miami (FL)
ACC
Record: 5-0 13912

The ACC needs FSU to lose to Clemson and Miami to set up undefeated teams in the ACCCG. An added bonus would be for Louisville to not play either in a BCS bowl.

The ACC needs FSU to lose to Clemson and Miami to set up undefeated teams in the ACCCG. An added bonus would be for Louisville to not play either in a BCS bowl.

Depends on how the FSU-Miami game goes down. If they beat Kimp's Son, and have a great game with UM, that rematch would draw a big TV number.

CU fans will disagree, but Winston has he most star power in the league right now.

Depends on how the FSU-Miami game goes down. If they beat Kimp's Son, and have a great game with UM, that rematch would draw a big TV number.

That would be a nice consolation prize to a battle of undefeated teams.

Clemson struggled against BC on Saturday as opposed to weeks ago.

I get that, but -3 is still a lot for a road team against the #3 team in the country IMO. They're saying FSU would be favored by around 9 in Tallahassee.

Clemson usually loses the game before FSU so struggling against BC was actually an improvement.

That would be a nice consolation prize to a battle of undefeated teams.

Either way, good for the conference to have several favorable outcomes this far in. The expansion vision is finally living up to its promise a little, aka Miami and FSU appear headed in the right direction.

Louisville - CU ACCCG in the near future would be the best ticket in league history. Those fanbases travel like SEC teams.

LSU looked better yesterday than FSU or CU have this season. I've only seen them play once though.

When FSU's offense clicks, it's frightening.

True, just thought LSU looked like a very complete team. Big time WRs, experienced QB, depth at RB and a monster defense. They will be a very difficult out I think. Alabama will have their hands full.

True, just thought LSU looked like a very complete team. Big time WRs, experienced QB, depth at RB and a monster defense. They will be a very difficult out I think. Alabama will have their hands full.

I'm biased toward the trend of LSU QBs being overrated. Mettenberger looks better than most though.

FSU is pretty damn complete too. Winston is young, but i would take hm over nearly every QB in the country. That guy is a flat-out stud.

Is the Clemson/FSU game the biggest in ACC history? Obviously, FSU/Miami had some big games in the day, but that was before Miami came into the ACC.

Is the Clemson/FSU game the biggest in ACC history? Obviously, FSU/Miami had some big games in the day, but that was before Miami came into the ACC.

Good question. The GT/UVA game in 1990 came to mind, but I looked it up and UVa was #1 but GT was only #16 at the time. The BC/VT game with Matt Ryan (the one where he yakked?) was a top 10 matchup I think.

Why is Florida ranked? They've beaten four trash teams, but have lost to the only two real teams they have played (none of their wins currently have winning records).

Back