• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

45 Years Ago today.....

meandmyuncleDeac

Reaction score
Four students killed by National Guard at Kent State University. A very sad day indeed. How can you run when you know???

Four students killed by National Guard at Kent State University. A very sad day indeed. How can you run when you know???

I've always been fascinated with that story; will have to check to see if any documentaries on t.v. tonight but it sure won't be on the (anything but) History Channel.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Still hard to believe.

Last edited:
My uncle in law is a professor at Kent. One trip to Ohio he took us by the campus and gave a walking tour of what happened. It happened before my time, but it was surreal to think about an event like that on a college campus. They've done a great job with the memorials and information if you're ever in the area and want to stop in for a few minutes.

Back