• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5 Hour Energy...

SkyDivingDeacon

Reaction score
Had one for the first time yesterday and was incredibly alert. So the real question is, how bad is this shit for you?

Apparently it was created by a Buddhist monk who is now a billionaire buddhist monk.

Apparently it was created by a Buddhist monk who is now a billionaire Buddhist monk.

Idk but on the back of the bottle it says it has 8,333% daily value of Vitamin B12 (as Cyancobalamin) and 2,000% Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride). Crazy numbers!

These are water soluble vitamins right? So I have to ask: Does 5 hour energy make your pee smell funny?

I'm pretty much addicted to them on the weekends. From what I understand its pretty much all vitamins, so its not too bad for you.

Has the caffeine of a strong cup of coffee.

I rarely crash but I have noticed that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Might be a placebo.

i was at a bachelor party with a couple of doctors and they all said its pretty bad for you although they didn't explain why and they were pounding redbulls instead. maybe they were just messing with me.

i was at a bachelor party with a couple of doctors and they all said its pretty bad for you although they didn't explain why and they were pounding redbulls instead. maybe they were just messing with me.

I always just assumed it was bad news Red Bull? Cocaine and adderall.

Would this have helped my grades in college? I never took adderall but I know people that swore by it.

You can study for hours, days even. The problem is, in my case, my mind would tend to get stuck on things so it made studying for English hard and reading slow. But for writing it was great, econ/math very good. I never had ADHD, it was just something else to abuse. Plus I had such bad study habits I needed cram sessions.

I'd love to hear others' experiences.

It's really addictive. If you got through Wake without it just avoid it. I have a close friend who is super addicted and it's bad. She has a great job, she's beautiful, and an awesome girl. All she thinks about is making sure she has enough adderall. She must go through 120mg/day.

Last edited:
adderall is pretty good for cram sessions and getting you through times where concentration is key and not easy.

i think most people who haven't used it misunderstand its usefulness though. it doesn't make you smarter or anything, so i never really saw why people considered it cheating.

As someone who use to sell Redbull it is terrible for you.

Adderall can really help you get through a hangover.

It can also really help you booze for hours and hours.

Back