• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

9/11: Fascinating stuff

For those who still have Kennedy doubts, Gerald Posner did an exhaustive study of all the conspiracy theories called "Case Closed". you may still be able to find it on amazon. Read it and get back to us with your conclusions following that action. The book should answer many if not all of your concerns.

Another great book that critiques the JFK assassination conspiracy theories is Jim Moore's Conspiracy of One. He used to be a JFK conspiracy believer himself, and researched and wrote about the various conspiracy theories from a believer viewpoint. However, he gradually became convinced that Oswald could have killed JFK all by himself, that there was little to no actual evidence for the various conspiracy theories, and became a skeptic. Conspiracy of One is a good read, in it Moore traces his evolution from believer to debunker, and it's pretty convincing. After reading it and Posner's Case Closed, I became a lot more skeptical than I used to be about conspiracy theories in general.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the fun conspiracy theories and was subscribed to /r/conspiracy for the longest time. Unfortunately, the #MAGA idiots appear to be genetically predisposed conspiracy theorists without a shred of rational thought. The type of people that believe 9/11 was an inside job are just not far enough along in their Alex Jones propaganda program to have moved onto the Sandy Hook and Comet Pizza lunacy. I'm sure it has always been liked this, but the internet has allowed this type of thinking to be broadcast to the masses. Just look at the front page of conspiracy now and ask yourselves how many of these you would hear about on Fox News in a given week. Vaccines, Jews, and George Soros!

sogcP
QpOQIRM.png

I always think there should be a point by point refutation video to go along with the “conspiracy” videos which are selectively cut and facts singled out to prove a point. I saw a video a long time ago about the moon landing being faked and it was incredibly convincing on its own, but when I saw a point by point refutation I realized how much cherry picking or flat out wrong facts the original video included. When viewed side by side, there was no way you could think there was a conspiracy.

It appears in this case we’re missing a video refuting these points which I’m sure exists somewhere. I watched the videos but the point trying to be made (at least I think) glosses over why an otherwise oafish government would have a plan like this with so many potential holes/failure points and somehow get everything perfectly right to the point of omniscience all for an excuse to go to war when there are way easier ways to accomplish that end.

Agreed. What's the Health on Netflix needs to be fact checked too because it is dangerous bs.

Back