• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A $500k coackh could produce the same result

Deaconman

Reaction score
Since Wellman just wants respectability why does he over pay by $1,700,000.

ULM's coach makes $200,000 per season. Let's see how a coach making that much stomps our asses here shortly.

This. If WFU Athletics were a public traded company, Wellman would be under investigation.

Wellman does have staff who have been under investigation in publicly traded companies. :)

A $50K coach could produce the same result.

Pay him by the win.

Then he'll start coaching like his hair was on fire.

Pay him by the win.

Then he'll start coaching like his hair was on fire.

I'm afraid he's made his dough and even this would not motivate him. In fact if anything it would make him feel the pressure was off. He could lose with impunity as long as he just made sure the guys "played hard."

If you want to design that kind of pay-for-wins salary structure for a young hungry coach, I'm in.

If we're looking at cheap coaches, lets consider Joe Moglia, coach at Coastal Carolina. Former CEO of TD Ameritrade. I think he's getting paid very little to coach over there. He just wants the opportunity. This is his second season, won COY his first year and starting 2-0 this year.

If we're looking at cheap coaches, lets consider Joe Moglia, coach at Coastal Carolina. Former CEO of TD Ameritrade. I think he's getting paid very little to coach over there. He just wants the opportunity. This is his second season, won COY his first year and starting 2-0 this year.

He has a super model wife too.

The last time I got my hopes up like this, he ended up coaching former Wake players at USC. But then Wellman actually watched Enfield's team play and win in the NCAAT.

Perhaps if Wellman has not actually seen Moglia's team play? Also, does anyone know if Moglia has any SEC violations? We know from Randy's hire that Wellman likes that kind of background in a key employee.

Back