• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Little History Video for You Younger Folk

Not sure I'd have recognized Young Larry Brown with his big 80's glasses.

nice. danny manning rocks my number.

Ugh. Feeling sick to my stomach again. That OU team is like those 85 Georgetown, 83 Houston, and 91 UNLV teams. One of the best to not win it. Stacey King, Mookie Blaylock, Harvey Grant, and then role guys like Ricky Grace and Dave Sieger.

"Coach Brown told us not to try and run with Oklahoma and to make them play our game. He leaves the huddle and Danny says to us, forget what Coach Brown just said. We are gonna run with them. We're going to run with Oklahoma. And we were like, let's do this." Classic.

So then at halftime when the score is 50 to 50 Brown tells them that they've proven their point and now to make Oklahoma play their game - which they did.

"Coach Brown told us not to try and run with Oklahoma and to make them play our game. He leaves the huddle and Danny says to us, forget what Coach Brown just said. We are gonna run with them. We're going to run with Oklahoma. And we were like, let's do this." Classic.

So then at halftime when the score is 50 to 50 Brown tells them that they've proven their point and now to make Oklahoma play their game - which they did.

I love this. No fear, and a competitors attitude

My roommate was a Sigma Chi pledge and they were running a bracket contest to raise money. I had KU and Oklahoma in the finals with Oklahoma winning and was ready to count my money. Danny Fucking Manning.

It's amazing how different the game looks when there's a talented big man on the floor.

Great video......and some great history for the younger folks who weren't around then, or at least don't remember

Great video......and some great history for the younger folks who weren't around then, or at least don't remember

Amazing that a team in the good ol' days would have that many academic suspensions and off the court issues. I thought this was a new problem in college sports...

Back