• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A reminder of Dan Collin's Manning analysis/Misleading Tulsa Stats

Brangus

Reaction score
From the MTOW on Manning from Dan Collins:

The only way that Ron Wellman hits a home run by hiring Danny Manning is if he grounds one across third base and it rattles around in the corner long enough for Wellman to leg out an inside-the-parker. He's going to have to lay down some serious tracks to convince a fractured fan base looking askance at his every move that a coach who has all of 67 games as a college coach under his belt is the man to pull the Wake program out of the morass into which it has found itself.

And once again, the numbers inside the numbers aren't all that impressive. Sure the Golden Hurricane had a really nice season, but it didn't beat anybody worth noting outside of conference play. It did, however lose to Oral Roberts, Missouri State, Wichita State, Creighton, TCU (twice), Green Bay, Oklahoma and Maryland. Few of those losses were in doubt down the stretch.

Oh shut the fuck up.

Tulsa was a young team that got better as the season wore on, and they won pretty much every game that they were expected to win. And they won their conference tournament.

So what Tulsa and Manning did was exactly the opposite of [Redacted]'s squad this season.

I'll take it.

Oh shut the fuck up.

Tulsa was a young team that got better as the season wore on, and they won pretty much every game that they were expected to win. And they won their conference tournament.

So what Tulsa and Manning did was exactly the opposite of [name redacted]'s squad this season.

I'll take it.

Bzz has crushed everyone's understanding of Wake. Our fanbase has major self esteem issues because Bzz made us believe Wake is LOWF. If you reference him as a comparison you lose all credibility.

Oh and I almost forgot, go fuck yourself.

I hate the fact that making the NCAAs is now the end all litmus test for whether a coach is a good one...

The dumpster fire that is Wake basketball right now requires a program builder not somebody who caught lightning in a bottle for one season.

Manning may be the guy but he has no track record of building a program.

I hate the fact that making the NCAAs is now the end all litmus test for whether a coach is a good one...

The dumpster fire that is Wake basketball right now requires a program builder not somebody who caught lightning in a bottle for one season.

This

Oh shut the fuck up.

So what Tulsa and Manning did was exactly the opposite of [Redacted]'s squad this season.

I'll take it.

This is something I'd expect from fat brasky but not formerly fat brasky!

Finishing tied for 1st in the regular season and winning the conference tournament capping off an 11 game winning streak isn't "catching lightening in a bottle", it's "being the best team in the conference".

Finishing tied for 1st in the regular season and winning the conference tournament capping off an 11 game winning streak isn't "catching lightening in a bottle", it's "being the best team in the conference".

chris you spend a ton of time over on TOB

how's the reaction to manning there?

i bet braces and paladeac are very excited

#hunglikeahorse

Dan has it starting out as a double. I thought this was a bunt bang-bang play at first single. I don't see how this turns into a homerun until a few years from now under the best case scenario.

Bingo.

From the MTOW on Manning from Dan Collins:

The only way that Ron Wellman hits a home run by hiring Danny Manning is if he grounds one across third base and it rattles around in the corner long enough for Wellman to leg out an inside-the-parker. He's going to have to lay down some serious tracks to convince a fractured fan base looking askance at his every move that a coach who has all of 67 games as a college coach under his belt is the man to pull the Wake program out of the morass into which it has found itself.

And once again, the numbers inside the numbers aren't all that impressive. Sure the Golden Hurricane had a really nice season, but it didn't beat anybody worth noting outside of conference play. It did, however lose to Oral Roberts, Missouri State, Wichita State, Creighton, TCU (twice), Green Bay, Oklahoma and Maryland. Few of those losses were in doubt down the stretch.

Dan totally reads this board.

Manning's top two scorers this year - James Woodard and Rashad Smith - are both Wojcik signees.

Top-5 scorers were all Wojcik players (Swilling Jr was a SJU transfer, though).
4 of the top-5 rebounders were Wojcik players (and Manning's guy, Lew Evans, is a JuCo transfer)

Back