• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Curry addresses team

@coachlobotzke: @AaronCurry51 talked to the team for an hour about winning at this level. The highlight for me was "don't be that guy" (clip to follow).:

Anyone else notice that the football coaches have been very active on Twitter. I guess Twitter has revolutionized recruiting methods.

I know I've certainly bashed AC as well for Benedict Arnold ways, but it is good to see him back at Wake trying to inspire our guys. Dude was awesome for us on the field and anytime you can get guys like that to come back, it's a good thing.

James Johnson opened for him at their demotivational speakers conference.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he was in the area to talk with the Panther organization. I still think the guy is a beast and can resurrect his career.

You know what, that's a good clip. It makes you wonder if that's been the difference being able to make plays and not - so much of it is mental and about the attitude. You also wonder if his press clippings, draft status, etc turned him into that guy.

This guy is back and humble for one reason. He is unemployed. He will kiss anyone's ass to stay out of foreclosure these days. Kind of like the guy in the foxhole who all of a sudden finds Jesus.

I hope nobody is buying this garbage.

This guy is back and humble for one reason. He is unemployed. He will kiss anyone's ass to stay out of foreclosure these days. Kind of like the guy in the foxhole who all of a sudden finds Jesus.

I hope nobody is buying this garbage.

Does anyone know how much he cleared in guaranteed salary/bonus from his rookie deal? Just curious..

Loved having him roam from sideline to sideline for WF. His NFL career does nothing to detract from his accomplishments at WF.

So the guy wanted to be a Tarheel. Big deal. He was a meast at Wake. You'd think the guy boned your girlfriends or something.

He's back because the outstanding young LB coach has reached out to "the most touted WF Draft product and Butkus Award Winner." He also "reached out" by leading the charge to recruit an athlete like Curry --- we've covered Grobe's philosophy going more toward the "system guy" and Curry's displeasure with it...there is much more nuance to the story than just 'that' but lets leave it for brevity's sake.

But the staff is glad to have Curry back "in the fold" and on many levels... it is a good chasm to see closed. I suppose that if you are going to preach "family" then you deal with even difficult situations with reconciliation occurring in due time. At least that's the 'hopeful' way it works, eh?

Back