• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AC Twitter Thread: Curry Trashes High School Kids Speech...

My dad and his whole family went to UVA. I had "Finance at UVA" as my destination on my senior yearbook. I never rooted for UVA once I stepped on Wake's campus.

Same deal for me. My dad went to UNC as an undergrad and Wake Med (plus I had a ton of other family members who went to WF). I cheered for both growing up bc I didn't know any better. The second I got my offer letter from Wake I never cheered for the baby blue again (though I prefer, not cheer for, them in games like tonight). My girlfriend I still have to work on. She went to WF but her dad went to Duke. So she still cheers for them whenever they're not playing Wake. She loves the Deacs but I can't get through to her that cheering for Duke is unacceptable at all times.

Same deal for me. My dad went to UNC as an undergrad and Wake Med (plus I had a ton of other family members who went to WF). I cheered for both growing up bc I didn't know any better. The second I got my offer letter from Wake I never cheered for the baby blue again (though I prefer, not cheer for, them in games like tonight). My girlfriend I still have to work on. She went to WF but her dad went to Duke. So she still cheers for them whenever they're not playing Wake. She loves the Deacs but I can't get through to her that cheering for Duke is unacceptable at all times.

If ya need someone to wingman when you kick her to the curb, I'll be here for you bro

I grew up in Michigan and attended football and basketball games there as a kid. Later I went to basketball camp there. I still like Michigan. But when it comes to Wake that is my heart and soul. I don't know how you go there four years, let alone being a star athlete who was idolized there, and just kick Wake to the curb. I can't process it. I guess he's having a "what if" moment or something. But would he be a better player in the NFL had he gone to Carolina? Maybe he just thinks he'd be a happier person. All his objectives in life would have been fulfilled.

Maybe he should get a masters at UNC when he's flushed out of the NFL and then he'll be happy. He can join the Rams Club and rub shoulders with the boys over there...

I mean its entirely possible he didn't like the people, teachers, coaches or whatever. But as ITK said, once you're a millionaire take a PR lesson from CP3 or something.

I mean its entirely possible he didn't like the people, teachers, coaches or whatever. But as ITK said, once you're a millionaire take a PR lesson from CP3 or something.

Difference is, I think CP loved his days at Wake. Obviously, AC was pining away for Chapel Hill. Life isn't fair.

So why is most of his fandom with Lambert, he wasn't the only coach he had. Did Grobe screw him over somehow?

Difference is, I think CP loved his days at Wake. Obviously, AC was pining away for Chapel Hill. Life isn't fair.

This thread should probably be about Phonz and not Curry. That guy gets it. You dont have to pull for wake, because you get a free ride. But, you need to appreciate and respect Wake for that same free ride.

Didn't CP grow up a UNC fan? Didn't Alphonso grow up an FSU fan?

So why is most of his fandom with Lambert, he wasn't the only coach he had. Did Grobe screw him over somehow?

Grobe believed enough in a skinny 190 pound kid to give him a shot at D1 ball. The Heels weren't beating down his door.

What do you mean free ride? AC worked very hard for his scholarship. If he has no affection for the school that might say something about him or us or nothing at all, but it's not like he "owes" the school or fanbase anything more than what he delivered as a player.

Curry did way more for Wake than the people arguing with him. He had a job here and did it well. Let him be. He doesn't work here anymore. Fans can't expect student athletes to be fanboys. Just because you ride a guy's dick for 4 or 5 years doesn't mean he needs to ride yours once he's done. His quote about how someone can work at Burger King and still like Big Macs is dead on.

Ph, while everything you said is correct in a PC way, fuck that. And fuck you for defending that ignorant, overhyped ingrate. Yeah, I'm sure you would be jumping to Dave Odom's or Joe Amonette's side if they had posted the same bile on Twitter.

What do you mean free ride? AC worked very hard for his scholarship. If he has no affection for the school that might say something about him or us or nothing at all, but it's not like he "owes" the school or fanbase anything more than what he delivered as a player.

Not being a fan is one thing, but dogging your alma mater is totally different. He is doing the latter. And you know that people are saying "free ride" because it was paid for.

True in a sense, but isn't there something to be said for not biting the hand that feeds you? You also don't "owe" your mother and father anything after you are 18 and leave the house. Does that mean you should rip them on Twitter and wish Mike and Susie down the street were your real parents?

Yeah, AC paid for it in sweat equity.

Yeah, and he was rewarded with a paid for education, other great players who helped him play in three bowls and win an ACC championship, and coaches who helped develop him into an NFL caliber player. Yeah, poor AC...

Oh, and let's not forget the Wake grad dentist who capped AC's rotting, cavity-ridden teeth that made a homeless person's grill look like Denzel Washington's. Yeah AC, you really got fucked here...

Back