• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Imagine arguing, with a straight face, that providing insurance that covers drugs that prevent a virus is against your "sincere religious beliefs."

Such absolute ghouls.

It's almost as if we have work-based insurance instead of universal health care to give the wealthy more control over the rest of us.

I don’t understand why the massive insurance lobby let this shit fly. Like stated it’s all preventive care, hell a lot of insurers were moving towards free preventive care higher treatment care before affordable care act because it’s so much cheaper to prevent than treat. So yeah HIV drug cost or prevent HIV. Even prevent pregnancy or a whole additional person to insure for 18+ years.

Good to see NC finally expand Medicaid. I know a few of the legislators who were so anti Obamacare who vowed never to pass expansion who were then grabbing the photo op when Copper signed it. The irony.

Good day for NC.

Medicare advantage is one of a few new battlegrounds for debate. Given MA penetration is now at 50% dont expect a lot of actual action.

Last edited:

Obamacare Is in Grave Danger, Again

…if Republicans gain the WH and both branches of congress, decent chance this time around they’ll succeed in efforts to dismantle the ACA.
Yeah, that'll probably be third on their "to do" list after they destroy/privatize Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid. No way Trump allows Obamacare to survive this time after he failed to abolish it in his first term.

Do the Republican have a platform? This is new news…but they probably still fail.

There is no official platform. Just "whatever Trump wants." Seriously.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Super hard to end an entitlement program. The MAGA crowd is pretty unpredictable but the smart $ says the ACA stays. Lots of RED states relying on that Medicaid expansion $$$, including North Carolina.

Super hard to end an entitlement program. The MAGA crowd is pretty unpredictable but the smart $ says the ACA stays. Lots of RED states relying on that Medicaid expansion $$$, including North Carolina.

I’d say their ignorance, vindictiveness and misguided passion are more relevant than their unpredictability. I really hope there’s no opportunity to discover what a second Trump administration with congressional control will deliver.

Trump is pretty inept at getting actual legislation passed, as are his fellow MAGA morons. The hatred of the ACA has largely gone away (how dare they mandate I buy insurance) being replaced by the border. I still think this is a lot of bluster. Time will tell.

Back