• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC allows FSU to use GPS player tracking during conference games

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-devices-in-acc-games-20140728,0,4849874.post

FSU will use GPS tracking devices in conference games this season after the ACC approved the use of player-monitoring systems.
Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff implemented the GPS devices several seasons ago to monitor and track different analytics on players. Fisher attributes the technology for FSU’s decrease in soft-tissue injuries the past two years.
FSU players wore the GPS trackers under their shoulder pads in games several seasons ago before the league banned their use. The ACC announced during last week’s ACC Football Kickoff that teams could use player-monitoring devices in conference games now, allowing FSU to track different physical measurements of its players in more than practices.
“It’s how you can temper practices and the wear and tear on the body and what that game took out of a guy,” Fisher said. “48 hours after recovery is very critical. Once you get behind in that you can never get caught up, I don’t care what you do at the end of the week.
“I think from a safety issue and developing your players in the body, it’s very critical what you can do early in the week and what you can’t do. Whether it’s team wise or individual wise.”
To learn more about the evolution of the GPS technology and how FSU uses it, read this article.

This is a great move forward for technology, analytics, and player safety. Props to Jimbo for getting ahead of the game on this. No way Bowden would have looked to some Aussies for help running his practices.

That's what I thought until I read the articles.

That's what the ankle bracelets are for.

Easier for the Klempsun players as they just go from orange unis on Saturday to Orange jumpsuits on the Sunday road crews

Back