• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Coach of the 1/2 Year

Who is ACC Coach of Half Year

• Total voters

bernbp5

Reaction score
Who is the ACC coach of the half year?

I gave it to Dabo based on 3 straight wins over Top 25 teams but Grobe is really close.

if the criteria was most improved it would be grobe obviously.

if the criteria was most improved it would be grobe obviously.

Wake is clearly most improved and has exceeded expectations the most, but Clemson being undefeated so far in conference gets my vote right now. Although I think Grobe could have Clemson in the same position and we would suck with Dabo. Not an easy choice. Those are the two front runners, and Johnson is having a great year despite having a new qb.

bernbp5 said:
dmcheatw wrote: if the criteria was most improved it would be grobe obviously.

Wake is clearly most improved and has exceeded expectations the most, but Clemson being undefeated so far in conference gets my vote right now. Although I think Grobe could have Clemson in the same position and we would suck with Dabo. Not an easy choice. Those are the two front runners, and Johnson is having a great year despite having a new qb.

We are underrated in conference too. Dabo gets the award right now. He is a hype man, and his streak won't last. See Ryan, Rex.

The reason I went with Grobe over Dabo is more of the fact that Clemson was regarded to do well in the pre-season media, as they were picked to finish 2nd in the division and had the third most votes to win the ACC. Wake was picked to finish DFL.

Clemson is overachieving this year - no doubt. As is Wake, and I feel like Wake is overachieving more than Clemson at this point in the season.

Deacfreak07 said:
"bernbp5" wrote: dmcheatw wrote: if the criteria was most improved it would be grobe obviously.

We are underrated in conference too. Dabo gets the award right now. He is a hype man, and his streak won't last. See Ryan, Rex.

Undefeated*

BillBrasky said:
Went with Dabo. His wins have been more impressive.

I agree. However, his wins are not as impressive as they seem. FSU are paper tigers. VT may be as well.

I voted Grobe, but right now it's probably a tie between Grobe and Dabo. Hopefully it will come down to the Clemson game and then Grobe is unanimously voted coach of the year. If Johnson is still in the running, then I hope after the ACC Title Game Grobe wins.:)

I voted for PJ because I love the flexbone and have no interest in casting a good vote

not a bad vote actually. they were predicted to be 4th in their division, so he has done a great job too.

Back