• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC coaches considering out of conference games against ACC teams

Why not just play 9 ACC games with the ND game counting as an ACC game? This is not that hard to figure out.

In 1979, Wake and Virginia didn't play each other, but both played Virginia Tech, and the VT game counted as conference games for each school.

Can't imagine it would happen enough because there aren't that many rivalries that aren't played annually. In addition I assume the ACC wouldn't be thrilled with teams having more games against each other and diminishing the chances of having more bowl teams.

NC State and Duke are located about 35 miles apart. They played annually from 1924 to 2003, but since the ACC expanded in 2004, the schools have played only three times in the last 10 years. The Wolfpack and Blue Devils are scheduled to play only once (in 2020) in the next 11 years.

Awful.

NC State and Duke are located about 35 miles apart. They played annually from 1924 to 2003, but since the ACC expanded in 2004, the schools have played only three times in the last 10 years. The Wolfpack and Blue Devils are scheduled to play only once (in 2020) in the next 11 years.

Awful.

Wow... awful is really the best word. I don't see why it couldn't be every 3 years at the worst.

Wow... awful is really the best word. I don't see why it couldn't be every 3 years at the worst.

Same thing goes in the SEC right now, I think Bama and Georgia play each other twice in the next 15 years or so.

At one point wasn't Wake/UNC the longest running series in NC? Now look at it- we play them what, once every four years?

It just sucks balls that someone can play Wake football for 4 years and never get to line up against the Holes.

Count me in for a noncon game against UNC in non ND years.

Hey, don't knock it....recently VT and BC have been winnable games for us!..

The ACC shouldn't try to schedule so many games within each division. In fact, why not just get rid of divisions entirely and rotate schedules more equally across all conference teams? Is the only purpose of the coastal and atlantic divisions to choose the conference championship contenders? Why not just take the top two teams in the standings (with tiebreakers)?

9 out of 14 ADs were in favor of keeping the current divisions over getting rid of them (and none went on record as supporting getting rid of them). That's just dumb.

Awful.

They could play each other in the ACC Championships game! Oh right...

Back