• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Leads BCS Conferences in "Best Colleges" Rankings

VT: Mid-50% SAT 1160–1340

MD: Mid-50% SAT 1250 to 1400

I mean I don't know too much about VT or MD specifically, but I always thought VT students were there for engineering or couldn't get into UVA/other VA schools. I could be way off though. Virginia residents just seem to have way better options (UVA, W&M, W&L, Richmond, etc...) than Maryland residents who want to stay in-state (Hopkins?).

All of the Virginia schools you listed are closer to Maryland than some parts of Virginia. If you're going to throw Johns Hopkins in there, you should throw in all of the good schools in the Greater DC area.

I can't find the most current list but the Big 10 is also very strong top to bottom. Adding Nebraska, a relatively good school, actually hurts them.

Thankfully the newbs won't mess us up too much...

Pitt - #58
Syracuse - #62

UConn - #58
Rutgers - #68

Definitely in the lower third of the ACC in terms of rankings, but not below 100

Considering quite a few schools in the Top 100 don't have D1A Football programs (looking at the Top 10, the only ones that do are Stanford and Duke, and 11 out of the Top 25 do, and only about half of the Top 100), it's not that bad. Considering our worst is just outside the T100, it's not a bad position to be in, when all of your schools are in the top 40% of schools ranked academically that play 1A football.

SEC ranks and happily surprised that Auburn is as high as it is as my sister is there now:

Vanderbilt, tied for No. 17
Florida, tied for No. 58
Georgia, tied for No. 62
Alabama, tied for No. 75
Auburn, tied for No. 82
Tennessee, tied for No. 101
South Carolina, tied for No. 111
Kentucky, tied for No. 124
LSU, tied for No. 128
Arkansas, tied for No. 132
Ole Miss, tied for No. 143
Mississippi State, tied for No. 157

SEC ranks and happily surprised that Auburn is as high as it is as my sister is there now:

Vanderbilt, tied for No. 17
Florida, tied for No. 58
Georgia, tied for No. 62
Alabama, tied for No. 75
Auburn, tied for No. 82
Tennessee, tied for No. 101
South Carolina, tied for No. 111
Kentucky, tied for No. 124
LSU, tied for No. 128
Arkansas, tied for No. 132
Ole Miss, tied for No. 143
Mississippi State, tied for No. 157

Texas A&M at #58 and Missouri at #90.

Haha. The SEC's sixth best school ties with the ACC's last place school. Puts it into perspective.

Not sure if anyone saw the Experts last night, but that Mark Schlabach guy is such an SEC homer. He was not giving the ACC any credit for their move to add Cuse and Pitt and dominate the Eastern seaboard. He just mentioned that the ACC adding two mediocre football programs and would not be any more competitive nationally. His comments, while true, miss the big picture of what the ACC accomplished via stability, exposure and death knell to the Big East.

PAC 10 is very top heavy

Stanford #5
Berkeley #21
USC #23
UCLA #25
Washington #42
then drops to like #100ish for the rest

Wake didn't really get the Reynold's money until the med school opened in Winston and the college started moving here in the 50s. Duke had a good head start.

Here's some comedy from PackPride. NCSU is a fine school and all but damn its graduates just can't admit they are at the bottom of the ACC. On page 3 CowboyPack says its a "total fallacy" that Duke has a better qualified student body than NCSU :eek:

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=7960708&p=3

Some of my classmates make me :rulz: quite a bit. There are ton of exceptionally bright kids at NCSU but then there are the others. If someone can't see that Duke is much more selective than NCSU and as a result has a better qualified (coming out of HS) student body then there is no helping them.

Back